Land Cruiser Photos

madiaz

greetings,
The truXis are 255/85 . They are siped center lugs and snow traction is unreal. I am thrilled with them. they have about 6,000 on them 5 tire rotation and so far so good. 175 % better than the bu#$@ that comes from factory
picture.php

regards, m.a.d

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
You are making more than a few hearts beat faster in countries where troopies are unobtainum:sombrero:
Have you noticed the aussie 78 models have a 3rd LED brakelight in the roof?

gilghana

Observer
It's funny you mention Rosco! Bit of a lottery here with what you get spec-wise. Some come with spare on a rear door and a 2nd tank, some with high level LED brake light etc, some with rev counter. I sort of lost on the lottery and ended up with as basic a basic troopy can be. Didn't bother me as I was happy to get one in stock before they went all funny at the front and lost the good old 7" round headlamps:)

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
It's funny you mention Rosco! Bit of a lottery here with what you get spec-wise. Some come with spare on a rear door and a 2nd tank, some with high level LED brake light etc, some with rev counter. I sort of lost on the lottery and ended up with as basic a basic troopy can be. Didn't bother me as I was happy to get one in stock before they went all funny at the front and lost the good old 7" round headlamps:)

I had a rethink and only the RV models usually a HDJ78 or FZJ78 had the roof LED brake light.
I know what you mean about the differences,some Euro models only have one light in the rear bumper.
I noticed the new models have a rear window wiper.Im not sure if they are the 1st,but a window demister on the rear doors would be nice when you have 11 people on board.

Not having the rev counter is a surprise. All 7* models and spec levels have them here right back to their intro.
I am not a fan of the 07 model front,but a V8 would be nice on the road.:coffeedrink:
Some owners who have owned the old models and the new V8 model say the V8 motor is harder to control in slippery offroad situations.

Does yours have discs all round?

Attachments

• exotic cruisers 043 (Small).jpg
    exotic cruisers 043 (Small).jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 322
  • exotic cruisers 022 (Small).jpg
    exotic cruisers 022 (Small).jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 255

gilghana

Observer
No disks! Unlike in Oz, we get real basic drums on pretty much everything... Even the last of the 105 Stds have drums, the GX got disks. I have had both and to be honest apart from the ABS of the GX I couldn't really see any difference. The 'spec' of my 105 you would not believe - no steps, no stereo, no rear wiper, no rear demister, no freewheel hubs! I am not complaining at all, but with a big wide 105 central locking would be the only thing really missing.

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
No disks! Unlike in Oz, we get real basic drums on pretty much everything... Even the last of the 105 Stds have drums, the GX got disks. I have had both and to be honest apart from the ABS of the GX I couldn't really see any difference. The 'spec' of my 105 you would not believe - no steps, no stereo, no rear wiper, no rear demister, no freewheel hubs! I am not complaining at all, but with a big wide 105 central locking would be the only thing really missing.

I didnt know the 105 could be so basic.
When you say no free wheeling hubs,do you mean they are permanently locked like an old jeep.
I tend to agree the disc brakes are not a big improvement,my 73 series with rear drums has a nicer pedal and maybe stops better.
Although discs shed heat quicker than drums making the discs better when towing through hills

weatherm

Adventurer
fj40 - 1 110 - 0

15 minutes after the 1st pic I pulled out the landy :)

This was a test run of the truck being in the garage since I bought it. Ohh btw... I pulled him out in 2wd :)

Attachments

• GetAttachment-1.jpg
    GetAttachment-1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 270
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 195

uzj100

Adventurer
Uwharrie, NC

100 Series out on the girls first off road trip.

Attachments

• 100 8.jpg
    100 8.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 452
  • 100 11.jpg
    100 11.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 356
  • 100 12.jpg
    100 12.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 328

Forum statistics

Threads