Land Cruiser Photos

fjatl

Adventurer
A random FJ60 that showed up out in the desert...

lcwithlights.jpg

Dave, it looks like that 60 is painted like a 55...would be interested in seeing more pics if you got 'em!

blupaddler

Conspirator
Wow is right.

But I also want to know where they got the big skid plate that goes under the tranny...
:costumed-smiley-007

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Toyota: Beat'm, Roll'm, flip'm back over repeat...

I gotta say though, that Isuzu D-max Pick-up is flat out awesome. That's yeat another truck I'd love to have access to but alas NO...

SO, I gotta ask... :D how'd the Disco fare??? Talk about being in a daunting group. 3 Toyotas, an Isuzu D-Max and you're driving the Rover??? Thank god for all those support vehicles ;) Sorry Rover guys I'm just ribbing yall ;) but the Disco is clearly the reliability question point in that group eh,

Cheers

Dave

FJota

I would love to have a diesel 45. :victory:
This is off the topic but what is with the rear seat in the CJ parked beside it?

latinoguy

Adventurer
Get an 80 series and you too can take 5 family members plus yourself riding snugly (more if you keep the 3rd row seats in the rig)

I've always owned Land Rovers and Jeeps, but this thread is giving me an itch for a nice 80 series!!!

Family day outing JTNP.

IMG_0130.jpg

Roverhound

Adventurer
Thank god for all those support vehicles ;) Sorry Rover guys I'm just ribbing yall ;) but the Disco is clearly the reliability question point in that group eh,

Cheers

Dave

I'll disagree with you there. Break something? Sure. Leave you stranded? Not so much. In all my outings with Rovers, we have never left one parked on a trail. Now I have strapped a few Jeeps out of the woods.

Edit: I did have someone tow their truck to my house after going through a deep water crossing he could (and should) have avoided. Ended up being a wet fuel pump connector that wasn't seated right when he was done checking it. Dried it out, plugged it in and it started right up.

Last edited:

BC40

Two of my Land Cruisers. One is a 1966 FJ40. It was my mode of getting into the backcountry for years. Worked great for solo trips, but a bit cramped for two. Now I use a 1984 BJ60 as my primary camping truck. Twice the space, half the fuel bill, but not nearly as good on the trail - yet.

Attachments

• 100_1661.JPG
    100_1661.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 100_3179.JPG
    100_3179.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member