Land Rover Discovery pop top camper $17,000 (Sold)

Msand

Importer
Hello,

Selling this for a friend, super rare 2008 Turbo Diesel 'gulf spec' Land Rover Discovery pop top camper..

This vehicle is a run of dealership modified Land Rover camper conversions that were done between 2005-2008

Add ons:
- ARB bumper
-Warn 14k w/100ft of synthetic
-OME Shocks/ airbag delete
-20 gallon water tank (under body, right side)
-35gallon reserve long range fuel tank (under body, left side)
-New off road tires
-Safari snorkle
-Upgraded Garrett turbo
-New brake calipers
-New Rotors
-100w flush mount solar panel w/ 100ah Lithium ion battery and 3000w inverter
-Comes with sleeping bags, mattress, and roof accessories

Miles: 86,000
Price: $17,000

Located in Denver, CO.. If it doesn't sell within the next 3 months my friend is going to keep it, as him and his wife are moving back to Europe due to family

Last edited:

Msand

Importer
$_20.jpg

MotoMind

Fascinating, I love the features. Is this considered a gray market import? Presumably not indigenous to the United States? Asking as Californian for whom this vehicle may not be registerable due to emissions standards and certifications.

Msand

Importer
Fascinating, I love the features. Is this considered a gray market import? Presumably not indigenous to the United States? Asking as Californian for whom this vehicle may not be registerable due to emissions standards and certifications.
It is a totally legal import, due to it being a gulf spec- the UAE has the same crash test and very similar emissions standards as the US so its very easy to import gulf spec vehicles to the states. This one was allowed to be imported and registered. It was previously titled in Santa Barbra until 2017 when it was moved to Denver.

Ive imported a 2014 Land cruiser troop carrier and a 2012 Toyota Hilux to the states 100% green due to them being gulf spec.

sgdisco2

Adventurer
Also Interested to know which engine, can you Pm me some more details. Maybe I will give up my LC addiction for this.

Msand

Importer
I got over 25 PM's so please don't double message me, also it has the TDV6 Diesel engine- so all the specs you can look up.

24mpg combined city/highway, 22 city 28 highway, 4.2 gals/100 miles

Last edited:

Msand

Importer
To those wondering, it is listed on other sites as well, and the owner let me know that there is currently a bidding war on it. He received a partial deposit with a contract to sell at $26,500 USD to a man on Vancouver Island..

So unless you're okay with the bidding war I think this thread may be over here- as Shaun (owner) has received over 130 emails about it in 8 hours.

Msand

Importer
Good luck with that engine. Up until crankshaft explodes! Bidding war..hahaha
Not my vehicle, not my problem.. 40 message from EP members, 90 from craigslist, and then he has it listed on kijiji where the bidding war started between like 11 guys that they settled on the Zoom app, so if it sells for $26,500... Cool, like I said, helping a friend sell his vehicle.. I had at least 6 or 7 ep members begging me to take their deposit.

I had the opportunity to buy this for $15,000 a couple weeks ago, and turned it down, as I didn't want another vehicle.. Now I'm thinking maybe i should've bought it and flipped it, make an easy $11,000

Also, I'm a land rover guy so saying "up until the crankshaft blows" is funny, I own a TDV6, have had zero issues- 336,000km on the clock.

Last edited:

Msand

Importer
The LR has officially sold- pending pickup.. Which will be on May 28th, but my friend Shaun said if any of you are local and would still like to check out the rover that would be okay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998