Land Rover driving impressions

High Center

Adventurer
This probably belongs in "Fireside chat" but the audience here seems a bit more sympathetic to the story...

My son is going to take his driving (license) test today and has been jittery about it all week. Last night he came up to me and asked if he could use my Disco to take the test rather than his Mom's car (that is a decade newer by the way). Of course I told him that he could but was curious as to why. He answered: "It's hard to say, it just feels better, you know?"

I told him that I did.

I love that thing.

Wander

Expedition Leader
The high seating position and excellent sight lines will help him with the test and as a parent of a teen I have a feeling your happy to have him in heavy, slow-ish and safe vehicle.

High Center

Adventurer
The high seating position and excellent sight lines will help him with the test and as a parent of a teen I have a feeling your happy to have him in heavy, slow-ish and safe vehicle.

Those advantages are not lost on me but I'm arguing with myself as to what is more of an asset: The sight lines/speed/weight or the fact that he "gets" the Land Rover thing.

Either way it's a net positive for me- and I just got word that he was successful! Seems like a father/son disco trip is in order-

Awesome indeed:sombrero:

MatthewThompson

Adventurer
Those advantages are not lost on me but I'm arguing with myself as to what is more of an asset: The sight lines/speed/weight or the fact that he "gets" the Land Rover thing.

Either way it's a net positive for me- and I just got word that he was successful! Seems like a father/son disco trip is in order-

Awesome indeed:sombrero:

Congrats to him! If he "gets it", you guys will always have something in common. My old man gets a kick out of ribbing me about the Discovery I drive. He's a Chevy man. I rib him back about how his truck feels like driving a rolling pillbox with its high beltline. :)

Either way it's a net positive for me- and I just got word that he was successful! Seems like a father/son disco trip is in order

Congratulations to the young man. :victory:

.....when does the shopping for his Rover start ;)

Two boys of my own...one with Disco...one looking...no son, you can't have mine :sombrero:

KAA

Dave Legacy

Adventurer
Best of luck to your son on his driving test. I remember how stressed out I was about taking mine, but it turned out OK in the end. I ended up driving my dad's 1991 Toyota Previa Minivan...ugh!

Wander

Expedition Leader
Best of luck to your son on his driving test. I remember how stressed out I was about taking mine, but it turned out OK in the end. I ended up driving my dad's 1991 Toyota Previa Minivan...ugh!

This could start a "worst first car" thread for sure. I'll submit my 81 Renault Le Car-$800 POS.

Congrats to your son, the great adventure begins.

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
And out come my bourgeois roots... I had two first cars:

rover.jpg

02before.jpg

I loved both equally, but the fact remains that every red car I've ever owned has been totaled.

Worst first car - a retired BMWCCA vintage race car. No muffler, no back seat, skinny tires and a very big engine, that 2002 was the reason I had 2 first cars... It just couldn't be driven in the rain! TWO Weber dual 45's on a Metric Mechanic 2.2l stroker, the throttle was completely binary. If the road was at all damp, it just spun the tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears