Landrovers liked in USA

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
Looks like landys have been popular in USA for a few years View attachment 167463
What Landy???????? Could be a Yugo for all care. I see nothing but a woman gorgeous from the tip of her sexy toes to the top of her rivetingly blond hair: MM once and always. I won't talk about the parts between the head and toes. If you're looking at the vehicle then you have my condolences and my sympathy.

TeriAnn

Explorer
What Landy???????? Could be a Yugo for all care. I see nothing but a woman gorgeous from the tip of her sexy toes to the top of her rivetingly blond hair: MM once and always. I won't talk about the parts between the head and toes. If you're looking at the vehicle then you have my condolences and my sympathy.

I guess I have your condolences then. I keep looking at the heat shield on the exhaust pipe. I'd guess the Series I had an auxiliary fuel tank under the drivers side seat. I like Marlyn but look at her more as a nice looking woman who met an untimely tragic end under very suspicious circumstances.

She started out as Castroville's first artichoke festival queen in 1948.

443px-Marilyn_Monroe_-_1946.jpg

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
She did indeed come to a tragic end. I was 12 when she died and I remember the day. We were driving down the road as a family and it came on over the radio. Why I remember that I don't know but I remember the day when JFK died as well. I watch a lot of old movies on TCM and whenever MM is on it is hard to think of anything else but her short sad life and tragic death. Joe Dimaggio put flowers on her grave for many years. Too bad that marriage did not work out for her and bring her some happiness. I mean no disrespect to MM and her tragic life.

evilfij

Explorer
I guess I have your condolences then. I keep looking at the heat shield on the exhaust pipe. I'd guess the Series I had an auxiliary fuel tank under the drivers side ]

Nope. That is factory SI. No room for a tank with the exhaust (which goes horizontal out through the fender and then under the seat). The shield is to keep your backside from getting hot.

I was admiring the series I as well and wondering how the door is being held open. :)

rat patrol

Adventurer
I guess I have your condolences then. I keep looking at the heat shield on the exhaust pipe. I'd guess the Series I had an auxiliary fuel tank under the drivers side

I've been looking at this photo for years and have not noticed the heat shield until now....COOL idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78