Larges tire m101 sprung under stock

ALF

Observer
What is the largest tire height a canadian m101 can handle?

I need to upgrade the stock tires as I need a bit more height and it is about eady to see a bunch of highway use.

Thanks,

Alf

jamm

Observer
What is the largest tire height a canadian m101 can handle?

It depends on your tow vehicle and whether you do a SOA to the M101.

If you're going to keep the trailer stock then 235/85/16s will fit the original rims, keep the tires inside the fenders and allow enough clearance front to back on the fender. It works good for me, but I like the skinny look. :victory:

IMG_1972.jpg

IggyB

Adventurer
That's just the shot I wanted. :) I have 235/85-16 on my Frontier right now and thinking about taking them off and putting them on the trailer. Wasn't sure they would fit well till I saw your shot.

BajaXplorer

Adventurer
You can probably pick up a little more height for 33's by using a little longer spring shackle in the rear.
BX

gaberelli

Observer
I have 265/70/17 (31.6") BFG AT/KO on my M101 right now and they work just fine. The fenders could use a bit of a widening, but the height is OK.

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Thread Hijack start!

Am I the exception to the rule? I'm running the Mil tires (cooper cross country 7.00-16) and they look about the same height as my 295 Nitto's not to mention the pintle ring is angled down to meet my pintle claw, meaning my vehicle end needs to come up via an adjustable pintle plate ($100).

A

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12