Last Mod

keezer36

Adventurer
Time to look for a new job. But, not before zig-zagging my way across country seeing the sights: Glacier National Park, the Rockies, Deadwood and Mt Rushmore just to name a few.
For all the places I've been around the world, I've seen precious little of the best country on earth.

Now's the time.

Any recommendations for must see places between San Diego and Franklin, North Carolina are welcome. No giant balls of string, please.

The mod:

Originally chrome with yellow lettering.
Retired.jpg

23 years, 4 months and 27 days.

Fair Winds and Following Seas.
Keezer

Rexsname

Explorer
:bowdown: Thank you for your service! Enjoy your retirement, the pay isnt that great but the hours are fantastic!

Rex

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
North-west Rim, Grand Canyon. Specifically the area around Toroweep.

Mesa Verde.

"Million Dollar Highway" between, roughly, Durango and Oury CO. High mtn dirt road passes in the area a bonus.

Flaming Gorge

Cody Wyo. Museum. Downstairs in particular if the exhibit hasn't changed in 20 years. Both kinds of Remington's, Winchesters, other Western Artists, etc.

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Coolest mod I've seen in a while. Thank you for your service and congratulations. Enjoy your trip and post lots of pics!

mmtoy

Adventurer
Thanks for your service!

Must sees:

Anza-Borrego, if you haven't been.

Imperial Dunes on I8 just before you get to Arizona. If you are out on the dunes in the evening (when there aren't a lot of buggies making noise) after a very hot and dry day, and it's just a little breezy, you can hear them booming. Also, if you're a Star Wars fan, they filmed the Tatooine scenes in Return of the Jedi there.

I like the Sonoran Desert National Monument, near Tucson.

Grand Canyon, AZ
Yes, it's six hours out of your way if you're taking the 10. It's still worth it. If you have the inclination, it's worth hiking... Havasu Falls (havasupaitribe.com) is a wonderful place to visit, but you have to hike at least ten miles to the campground and first set of falls, and about eight more to get to the river. Absolutely worth it.

Kartchner Caverns south east of Tucson, AZ near Benson.

White Sands, NM

Carlsbad Caverns, NM

Roswell, NM (if just for the laughs)

That's about as far east that I've been on the 10.

keezer36

Adventurer
Okay, I lied. One more:

BottleOpener.jpg

This little beauty was made in W. Germany. Mounted with all stainless steel hardware and has a backer block for extra security in case any coke fiends happen by.

Here's Mud In Your Eye.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior