Last US Ford Ranger rolls off the assembly line.

Quill

Adventurer
I wish manufacturors would take a page from 1950s Jeep. A small fuel efficient forward control vehicle.

JeffRRC

Adventurer
I'm with you. Not to mention its a 20yr old platform, It hasn't changed since its revamp in '93. Personally I think the ranger should've gone out with the S-10 in '04. With the fuel efficiency of full size trucks now a days, the small truck market is gone. Even the midsize market is going away, the Dakota is gone, and the Colorado and Canyon are on there way out.

We're getting the new Colorado world version and hopefully the turbodiesel as well. Hopefully Chevy will force the other makers selling in the U.S. to get back in the smaller truck fight.

daly

We're getting the new Colorado world version and hopefully the turbodiesel as well. Hopefully Chevy will force the other makers selling in the U.S. to get back in the smaller truck fight.
Really, Last I heard they were just going to drop the platform. But, I hadn't payed attention to it since I saw what the new Colorado looks like.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
I am with bftank:

Build me a stupid simple crew cab work truck, diesel 5 speed, vinyl floor and seats, a/c and radio delete,
5 foot bed, 4x4 and I would buy it.

Don't need: air bags, antilock brakes, cruise control, power steering, power brakes, back up cameras, onstar, or a radio that does everything but wipe my but.

98dango

Expedition Leader
I am with bftank:

Build me a stupid simple crew cab work truck, diesel 5 speed, vinyl floor and seats, a/c and radio delete,

Don't need: air bags, antilock brakes, cruise control, power steering, power brakes, back up cameras, onstar, or a radio that does everything but wipe my but.

Ill take one with power steering hay im a little guy

daly

I am with bftank:

It'll never happen, government regulations demand Airbags, power brakes, power steering and Antilock brakes.

That said I'd be happy if they'd do an as much as they can stripped down truck with a manual trans, I'd buy it. You can get a barebones work truck, but in GM's case you can't get a stick shift, and thats what I want.

mustangwarrior

Adventurer
i understand the demand for these soccer mom suvs but look what they have reduced everything down to, tell me how you are suppose to 4 wheel with a 2012 Cherokee, Explorer, Durango etc, we need a basic solid axle vehicle or someone needs to design and affordable long arm kit for these 4 wheel independent suspension vehicles

that brings me to my next aggravation, why are Wranglers so expensive? they are half a vehicle, solid axles, no roof, flat body panels, no carpet, and trailer lights on the back, i dont get it

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
i
that brings me to my next aggravation, why are Wranglers so expensive? they are half a vehicle, solid axles, no roof, flat body panels, no carpet, and trailer lights on the back, i dont get it

You're assuming that a Dana 44 is cheaper to build than a Dana 60. It isn't by much.

A base F350 Superduty is $36,000. About the same as a better Wrangler last time I checked. I hope Jeep dealers sell them for less than that. I'm not certain that there is a market for a live axle offroad oriented vehicle. The Jeep and F350 have small and big covered. You'd have to come up with something really special to beat either of those.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
You'd have to come up with something really special to beat either of those.

They have been doing it since the mid 80s. It's called a 70 series Land Cruiser. Available as both a one ton pick-up, and everything from a 90" to 120" wheelbase suv, both convertable and hard top. They kick the crap out of anything else on the planet.

78Bronco

Explorer
They have been doing it since the mid 80s. It's called a 70 series Land Cruiser. Available as both a one ton pick-up, and everything from a 90" to 120" wheelbase suv, both convertable and hard top. They kick the crap out of anything else on the planet.

Here we go dreaming again. They will not sell them here ever unless you work for a mine and it never sees a public road.

Seriously, if you want something so bullet proof you will have to build it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears