Late model Ram Steering recall

ripperj

Explorer
Just got a recall notice for my Ram. Potential steering failure due to left tie rod ball joint stud failure. (some)2008-2012 1500/2500/3500 trucks. Not sure what "some" means.

craig333

Expedition Leader
Been around a long time. If you had it repaired at one time, they had a bad batch of parts they used in the repair. If it was never repaired or you did the HD upgrade from one the aftermarket guys you have nothing to worry about.

ripperj

Explorer
Been around a long time. If you had it repaired at one time, they had a bad batch of parts they used in the repair. If it was never repaired or you did the HD upgrade from one the aftermarket guys you have nothing to worry about.

Not sure that's correct, my truck was never repaired and is a '12

ripperj

Explorer
I tried to make an appt to get mine taken care of, but my dealer in Ct can't even get parts, back ordered.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Thuren offers an American made driver's side tre heim conversion. I've had it on for about nine months now.
The latest and greatest box of '08.5+ Dodge "upgraded" steering I saw said Made in Mexico. That was last week.
Maybe that's part of the equation.

cruiser812

Observer
Hey guys, get you truck checked out by someone that you trust. I took my dodge awhile back in for the recall and they said it was fine but it wasnt. I had the tie rod end fail on my truck yesterday sending me into oncoming traffic but luckily no one was hurt. Dodge tried telling me it was unrelated to the recall and was just wear and tear, but the 3rd party certified mechanic says otherwise. Dealing with dodge right now to get it sorted out. Search the recall N62 and make sure you take it to a dealership that you feel confident about. Be safe guys, losing control of a 9000lb truck in the city is not a good experience at any speed.

ripperj

Explorer
I still don't have parts, supposedly there are 9 people ahead of me on the list. 9 freakin months. I called several times to customer service, but it was a joke, they kept telling me just to be patient. I told them I would be patient if they gave me a loaner and I would park the 2500 in the dealer lot- no go :)
I sorta tried to file a complaint with the NSTB Recall complaint line, but got so sick of being on hold I gave up (twice)

If mine fails I am suing the crap out of Ram.

ripperj

Explorer
I finally got an appointment on Friday to get my front end fixed under recall. It irritates me that 50% of the time I have owned the truck I have been awaiting front end parts. I am not a drama queen and don't really think it was going to fail and cause me to crash, but obviously someone does, hence the millions Ram is shelling out for swap the tie rods out. I love the truck but will be happier when it's fixed.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior