Leaks from Springbar's sewn-in floor?

jk6661

Observer
Have any of you Springbar owners experienced leaks in the sewn-in floor? I'm currently debating Springbar vs. Kodiak, and I think the Kodiak's floors are welded, which frankly I would expect with a Springbar too at the price point. I searched the many Springbar/Kodiak threads but didn't find an answer to this.

perkj

Explorer
You can't find anything about it because springbar floors don't leak. Springbars are proven tents over decades.

perterra

Adventurer
I have never heard a complaint about Springbars other than weight. I know a couple of folks with Kodiaks who fought mildew issues, but they were up and zipped up for a week with no one around.

Ed B

Adventurer
I have the Family Camper 7 and no leak issues from anywhere in that tent. I do have the ground cover too.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
They are sewn in so you can replace the floor if ever needed, with a welded in floor you would have to do a really ugly patch or throw the tent away in the same event. One big mistake people make is using cots without tennis balls (you can google how to use them) on the feet, this can make weak spots or even holes in the floor and is not covered by their warranty. We have several Springbar tents and never had any leaks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan