LED Light Bars; Post Up Pics

poriggity

Explorer
I am :)

LEDlight1.jpg

4" Kawell 42 watt LED 30 degree spot lights. Cost was $63 for the pair.
I have a set similar to yours I need to get on my truck. After seeing them in action, it's become a priority!

Boost Creep

Adventurer
i get almost as much distance out of my 40" e2 rigid as i did from my 4-7" hids. the difference is i get a much nicer spread that lights up everything instead of just where the spot beams are aimed. the e2 bars have some pretty crazy light coming out of them. heck, my couple year old 30" e-series has nothing on it even though its only 10" smaller.

MoRogers

Observer
50" and a 30" Spot/FloodCombos. paid ~$250 for both from Amazon, had them for almost a year with no issues. and they are unbelievably bright.
DSC_0003.jpg
DSC_0003.jpg

MoRogers

Observer
its no where as bad as it looks, the 50" was just angled down way too much at the time. I'll post a recent pic when the sun sets.

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
I think most people are in denial about glare from roof lights. I was just in a friend's yellow TJ with 5 roof mounted lights (I believe they're KC) and 2 A pillar lights and he said the glare "wasn't too bad". It was absolutely HORRIBLE. I complain about my tiny bit of glare but mine is nothing compared to anyone who can see their hood from the driver's seat. In some cases it messes with your night vision so bad that I bet you could probably see better if the lights were off. I think if I had a different vehicle I wouldn't have a bar mounted on the roof.

Mexicant

I think most people are in denial about glare from roof lights. I was just in a friend's yellow TJ with 5 roof mounted lights (I believe they're KC) and 2 A pillar lights and he said the glare "wasn't too bad". It was absolutely HORRIBLE. I complain about my tiny bit of glare but mine is nothing compared to anyone who can see their hood from the driver's seat. In some cases it messes with your night vision so bad that I bet you could probably see better if the lights were off. I think if I had a different vehicle I wouldn't have a bar mounted on the roof.

True. My paint is flat and there's still some reflection, no way a nice shiny hood can't be throwing off a ridonkulous glare.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I had my hellas on the roof of my patriot, The roof blocked the light from hitting the hood. My lights were mounted far enough back that the roof worked like a deflector for the light. Had to keep the sunroof shade closed tho. ha ha.

Tacoma13SR5

Observer
My PIAA's on the roof rack have some glare. It's tolerable for right now. But it isn't the hood that's the problem. It's just the windshield.

Mexicant

This is with flat paint, I don't get glare inside the car cause the windshield is so flat. 30" roof mounted bar

4b540364a45ca460299f57a1fbc257d0.jpg

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
There is so much light on the hood that its just blown out in the photo. And, IMO, there is not a lot of light up the trail either.

Mexicant

Horrible IMHO.

There is so much light on the hood that its just blown out in the photo. And, IMO, there is not a lot of light up the trail either.

The pic was just to show the glare from the hood, no way those with roof mounted bars and glossy paint aren't blinding themselves. That's also a cheap tracfone cell pic so it doesn't do any justice to the light output from the bar. Thanks for your opinions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger