LED Light Bars; Post Up Pics

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Ahhh, that would explain the poor light quality and output. Can you try to get one with a good camera, might make a world of difference. Even though, a bright white hood is brutal lit up anyways. You should look at getting a light deflector for the bottom of your bar. You would see better, and safer then!

coop74

Old Camping Dude
I still need a 30 or 40" bar for the front of my roof rack. Hoping to find one on sale for cyber monday. Still can't decide if I want to spend $200 or 800 on it though! Someone needs to do a LED light bar shootout and figure out if/just how much better the same size similar bars are from different mfgs!

Check out Apoc, made in the USA and I think it is a 5 year warranty... Their shop is in my home town.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

soonenough

Explorer
Check out Apoc, made in the USA and I think it is a 5 year warranty... Their shop is in my home town.
I just looked at their website, and they appear to have decent products at low prices. Are you sure they're not Assembled in USA, using Chinese-made components? Those prices would be incredible for lights that are actually manufactured in the US.

Tyrant 66

Adventurer
40" Rigid in rear along with a couple of Golight Stryker LED
Up front are 30", 40" and 50" Rigids, the 40" being Amber
Rigid D2 diffused in the rear bumper
Rigid SR-M2 paired up on each side
Rigid rock lights X6, wheel wells and under body
daf83f78f13487b16f38aaa0b7978918.jpg
a7ceb4713083a2e6ac0aaea1c56e805d.jpg
421a5b42e0daf7670d198a5fe97318d8.jpg
160b9256c6fdc67c5330322965bec1a1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blacknight

Observer
daf83f78f13487b16f38aaa0b7978918.jpg
a7ceb4713083a2e6ac0aaea1c56e805d.jpg
421a5b42e0daf7670d198a5fe97318d8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thing is unreal!!! Good job man!

Rogue

Zombie Response Team Lead
Hmmm... I have a 40" curved Totron that I was planning on roof mounting on my white Frontier. Sounds like with the wind noise and glare, it may not be worth it. Has anyone roof mounted their lights and solved these problems?

collkid

:Wow1:. Lets see this thing at night?! :ylsmoke:

JamesDowning

Explorer
Hmmm... I have a 40" curved Totron that I was planning on roof mounting on my white Frontier. Sounds like with the wind noise and glare, it may not be worth it. Has anyone roof mounted their lights and solved these problems?

Sure, not all lights make terrible wind noise, I haven't noticed any from mine since they were installed. It likely depends a lot on the spacing between the roof and the light.

The glare is easily fixed by either mounting the lights further back on the roof, or adding a deflector under the light.

BigDan

Observer
there is a major difference between what you really need and what you could install

when I look at the Ford van light bars, I find it soooo nice but I woulndt want to be followed by him .....

I have a 24" 120w on my wetsfalia front bumper ....and believe me ,there aint no dark areas anymore lollllll

On my Jeep I had a 48" on my upper windshield ............the glare was annoying , sold it replace with 36" on front bumper ....no more glare , and let there be daylight lolll

Rogue

Zombie Response Team Lead
Sure, not all lights make terrible wind noise, I haven't noticed any from mine since they were installed. It likely depends a lot on the spacing between the roof and the light.

The glare is easily fixed by either mounting the lights further back on the roof, or adding a deflector under the light.

So less spacing or more spacing is preferred to eliminate noise?

Ssyork

So less spacing or more spacing is preferred to eliminate noise?

Another way to try and eliminate wind noise is to disrupt the air moving around the bar. On my wife's car the Thule bars were making some good wind noise. So I wrapped the bar with some black 550 cord about 1 1/2" spacing. Now there is none. I understand you wouldn't want to wrap a light bar. But I would try splitting it into thirds so it looks like partitions and then melting the 550 cord together on the back with a soldering iron so there isn't a knot hanging out. Just a cheap thing to try, and if done right I don't think would look bad. Maybe even try some of the really small bungie cords first just to see if it works.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
ALso to eliminate noise I have seen people put pieces of neoprene like a mouse pad in the fins a various places through out. Just little pieces . worked for them too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998