leggings for snow?

J

JWP58

Does anyone make a product that goes up to your knee and over the top of your boots thats waterproof (goes over pants)? I was hunting in up to knee deep snow and my carhartt pants became frozen in about an hour.

Does any company make a product like im describing, and what is it called?

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
I think what you're looking for are gaiters. Check out Outdoor Research (OR). They come in GoreTex and other waterproof fabrics. They're used for everything from snowshoeing to snake- thorn prevention.

camper357

Observer
Gaiters

I recommend Kennetrek gaiters. I've used them the last few elk seasons and I don't know how I lived without them.

Cee-Jay

Sasquatch
I think what you're looking for are gaiters. Check out Outdoor Research (OR). They come in GoreTex and other waterproof fabrics. They're used for everything from snowshoeing to snake- thorn prevention.

OR is a great company... no-hassle return policy if anything ever goes wrong.

I've got Black Diamond FrontPoint Gore-Tex gaiters because they fit me best (I have long, lanky calves). They've gone pheasant hunting with me probably 8 times in thick eastern Washington brush and have performed very well. The rubber strap broke on one of them, but Black Diamond tells me they will repair or replace free of charge (though I do need to pay postage).

1259034.jpg

JJackson

Explorer

I recommend OR, I know have most of the employees at the utility I work for using them, I started wearing them when I was a contractor and everybody kept asking what they were. They stay up and stay dry.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
OR Crocs are the gaiters by which all others are measured. Mine have survived 18 years of ice climbing, mountaineering, snowshoeing, tele skiing and general knocking around. Ain't gonna lie...they're not pretty, but they've traveled with me from Alaska to the Alps.

GoreTex seems unnecessary for your shins, but they help vent the warm moisture escaping out the top of your boots. Crocs also have a replaceable and highly durable instep strap. Worth the extra bucks right there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman