lens question

Goochm

Observer
I beleive it was Henri Cartier-Bresson who said something like, "if you need a closeup get closer, a wide shot, then back up. He shot primarily with a Leica rangefinder and I think a 35mm lens.

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
Yeah, when straightening the horizon, you have to crop the image a bit. If it was my image and I was going to do something with it, I'd have cut and pasted the foot back in, but that was literally a 1 minute edit

yeah I know. if you really wanted to dig into the image you could dig into highlights and shadows, work on the sky a little, etc lol. I was actually just giving you a hard time
funny though with all the things you can do in PS, the feeling you get when you get a perfect shot in camera is awesome but even Adams had to "dodge and burn" in the dark room.
When I first started I shot with a pentax 35mm but I was never good enough in the darkroom to do my own processing. Of course I only tried a cpl of times and never could figure out how they made one area darker while making the other lighter.

grntrdtaco

Adventurer
never buy a lens that has a greater F stop than 2.8 and you will always get a great lens that you can really play around with in low light and depth of field also try to never buy a lens that only works on a cropped camera. if you do these two things each lens you have could potentially last your lifetime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears