Let the Good Times Roll

Kya

Adventurer
After years of dreaming, we did it! We found a used Four Wheel Camper from an amazing couple in Grand Junction, Colorado. Its an 08' Eagle, loaded up pretty good: sink, stove, fridge, furnace, dual batteries, too much to list. The previous-original owner added countless personal touches. Here are some basic pics of our set up, but I promise to put up some action shots as we Let the Good Times Roll....
199036_1904254364507_1186178618_32237307_3959850_n.jpg

200348_1904310205903_1186178618_32237355_232894_n.jpg

190300_1904313205978_1186178618_32237360_1273617_n.jpg

200247_1904272924971_1186178618_32237320_8376125_n.jpg

I built this bumper a few years ago. Good thing I suck at metal fabrication, because my crooked tire carrier just barely cleared the camper.
Ha, ha!

SLO_F-250

Explorer
That thing looks good! Nice setup. My brother has a 01' Dodge almost exactly the same. He will be so jealous of the camper on yours! :sombrero: Congrats on your find and happy camping!

Kya

Adventurer
Thanks dude. I have often drooled over your setup, but my wife will not agree to a camo paint job!

Kya

Adventurer
We took the camper out for our first trip to Moab for some fun. Here are just a few pics, mostly since I am just learning how to upload pictures to this site. Nothing too rad but a good start.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

These stairs are sweet and came with camper. I welded on some tabs and it fits folded up just under the tire when traveling.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

In this last picture you can see how I carried 3 bikes off the tire. It was a temporary fix and the swing gate would not survive with this set up for too long. So I built/welded up a trailer hitch style bike rack to carry the bikes instead. My welding is slowly getting better, but good thing the pics are not too close up.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I lose the departure angle, but how often am I going to be wheeling hard with the bikes on? Hopefully not much at all. The biggest pain is getting into the camper with the bikes on?!?!?!? I don't know what to do about that other then just deal with it and pack wisely........or start planning the cab-camper crawl-through.

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

Adventurer
The biggest pain is getting into the camper with the bikes on?!?!?!? I don't know what to do about that other then just deal with it and pack wisely........or start planning the cab-camper crawl-through.
Trailer.

Nice set up.

I just took a look at the FWC and my wife loved it...... hehehe .....getting closer....... I too am wanting a good bike set up...... and am very tired of taking off bikes to get in the canopy so I know that there must be a better solution.

Love these racks....northshoreracks.com...... hmmmm.... perhaps it would work

tperkins

Observer
Did you build your front bumper, or is that one from Kennesaw Mtn/Tactical Armor Group bumpers? I really want a ARB-Style bumper for my Dakota :drool:

Nice job on the bike rack, maybe you can try to fab up a second smaller swingaway for the bike rack?

Kya

Adventurer
Thanks eveybody!

Yeah that's a Kennesaw. We got it back in 03' or something. The bumper is great but it took a long time to get built and shipped, 6 or 8 months or something. I think dakota-durango.com has a few threads about others with similar stories. Hopefully the customer service has improved since then.

I trailer my snowmobile in the winter, so I try to avoid the trailer in the summer.

Back in May I got myself another pivot kit (the same one I used for the tire carrier), and have considered building a swing for the bikes too. At the time I figured I should get a quick solid way to carry the bikes for now and then work on a more complex system as I have time this summer. We will see, but i need to get out more and into the backcountry instead of the garage :smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears