Let's build an Expedition trailer (pictorial)

mgb

I was trespassing on a farm in order to make a photograph of a wind generator.

I have a lot of family in and around Lowville (I'll wager your angry farmer was either family or friend of my family), I'm always surprised to hear anyone has actually been there since it seems so out of the way. I have never seen the wind farm (yet), but I'd like to. In your pictures the turbines look very strange. Did you photoshop them or use some kind of photographic effect?

Also your rifles are beauties, I'd like to get into that type of shooting (varmin at long range) do you have a rifle recommendation for a beginner? I've heard 223 is a flat, cheap, accurate round for that type of thing.

Rbertalotto

Explorer
The most accurate, out of the box rifle you can buy, under $1000, is a Savage Model 12. A 223 would be a perfect cartridge to get started with, but only good out to about 500 yards if there is no wind. Next step up is the 22-250. Same bullet but a lot more speed. In long range shooting, speed (velocity) and the "Ballistic Coefficient" of the bullet are the two most important things. You want a bullet that can "buck the wind" (high BC) and get there fast, before gravity and wind can affect its flight. The 22-250 can launch a a high BC bullet at high velocity. Easy to reload and you can buy factory ammunition if you don't reload.

Be VERY careful! This is an extremely addictive sport. :Wow1:

Those jacks are simple camper stabilizing jacks attached to all four corners...

pop_up_stab_jack_atwood_15_0410_color__54002.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears