Lets see some full size pictures...

REDROVER

Explorer
Is that the exhaust stack? I wonder how long it would take in tight trails before it would be ripped off?

I've always loved H1's! Post up more photos :)

yes sir that's the deep fording exhaust stack , the good thing is it comes out with just 4 bolts, just in case i need to enter very narrow trail, but that unusual at least here in so cal that H1 will have a hard time fitting in ,

here is another one of my trucks .

Attachments

• REAL DEAL 003.jpg
    REAL DEAL 003.jpg
    554.7 KB · Views: 47
  • REAL DEAL 011.jpg
    REAL DEAL 011.jpg
    543.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4119.JPG
    IMG_4119.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4175.JPG
    IMG_4175.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20110630_175137.jpg
    IMG_20110630_175137.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 36
  • summer time.jpg
    summer time.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 39

TowPig

So I ended up selling my M1009. I now have a Arrival Blue 2003 Chevy Silverado 4x4 W/T ECSB with the 4.8 Vortec with 3.73 gears.

There was a little rust around the fenders. Nothing that was eating through, but it needed to be taken care of. I wire wheeled the rust off and used Chassis Saver to cover and stop the rust.

In the last pic you can see a fender flare to cover the paint. I installed some factory fender flares and you can't even tell I did anything to it.

I also threw on a tool box for storage.

This is how it looks at the moment from the exterior.

On the interior I put in an overhead console, and a 3 cup jump seat from a NNBS Chevy.

Just this past week I put keyless entry on it. My wife for Valentine's Day said she would pay the extra $75.00 to get remote start. I wasn't going to pay for it, but if she wants to foot the bill more power to her:D

Mods I want to do for the future:

Make a homemade underseat storage box for the rear seat.
6.0 Vortec
NP241 Transfer Case - I just found out that even though I have stick shift 4x4 it is still electronically controlled, and I hate important parts like that being controlled electronically.
Possibly a built 700R4 for the same reason I want the NP241
6" Rough Country suspension lift
35x12.50r16(or equivalent metric size) tires. I'm thinking Maxxis Bighorn, Nitto Trail Grappler or Toyo Open Country M/T.
4.56 gears.
Bedline the toolbox.
Black Linex over the rail bedliner.
Black Linex on the fender flares.
Matched blue Linex on the rocker panels.
Rock sliders.
Brighter reverse lights - I am lucky I can see anything they are so dim.
Brush guard/HD bumper of some sort.
Matching tint on the front windows.
Some sort of performance exhaust that isn't too loud. - I don't want to spook animals when I drive to where I'm going to hunt.

Hey DanR7985 thats a good looking truck and should turn out to be a good rig my brother had something very similar. He ran some 35" Maxxis Big Horns on it looked damn good. Ill post the link below for ya. May give ya some ideas!

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...ab-Silverado-Z71-New-to-me-expedition-vehicle

TRDFAN

Adventurer
Stuck

Just happened to venture across a field at the wrong time last week...haha. enjoy
From Bad:
photo_zpsee3efa6a.jpg

Tractor 1 about to get stuck on first extraction attempt:
photo1_zpsf05f3bda.jpg

photo6_zpsc69b29c1.jpg

I made it about 150 yards and had about 60 yards to go...then I really started to sink...
photo5_zps34ec2f78.jpg

Tractor 2 already stuck trying to get to other side of me.
photo2_zps4a0c3a72.jpg

To worse:
photo4_zpsd0d02976.jpg

photo7_zpsaa0c3488.jpg

To out. The carve outs between the ruts are the axles digging while I am rocking the truck trying to make some ground.....and dig to china...
photo3_zps76b9a308.jpg

One stuck truck, two stuck tractors, 220ft of chain, and a third tractor to pull everybody out. Also had to wait 36 hours for the ground to dry a little more. All in all it was an epic stuck. but good fun too.

Last edited:

arveetek

Adventurer
I use mine off road all the time, just happened to venture across a field at the wrong time last week..

One stuck truck, two stuck tractors, 220ft of chain, and a third tractor to pull everybody out. Also had to wait 36 hours for the ground to dry a little more. All in all it was an epic stuck. but good fun too.

Wow! Now THAT'S stuck!!

:D

Casey

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Humm…you sure you want to ride in that truck…and you would have to learn one of “dem new language me boy”
Then again, judging by some past pics could be worth while…
:drool:

RRRRRRR ya all have to swill a couple:beer:brewskys and enjoy:camping::suning::campfire::steak::truck:adventure and den ders no prob......

ChilliBabe1_zpsfc96f7a3.jpg

We might meet a few lovelys on the way.....:clapsmile

DanR7985

Observer
Hey DanR7985 thats a good looking truck and should turn out to be a good rig my brother had something very similar. He ran some 35" Maxxis Big Horns on it looked damn good. Ill post the link below for ya. May give ya some ideas!

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...ab-Silverado-Z71-New-to-me-expedition-vehicle

Thanks for the compliments and the link. That is a nice looking truck. I always thought that the braking was slightly lacking on my truck. I am glad I read about the brake upgrade from the link. Whenever I need to get my brakes replaced you can bet that I will upgrade them.

trailbound

I have had 4 Suburbans. A 72 2 wheel drive (still have) an 87 1/2ton 4x4, a 98 3/4 ton 4x4, but all didn't have what it took, or were going to cost too much and take too long. With 4 kids, I needed something big. Then I saw this Burb, built by Drew at Avalanche Engineering, but he wasn't selling. Fast forward two or three years and I heard he was in fact selling this great burb. It has 83,000 miles on it (32,000 when I picked it up)and still running strong. Its been all over the country and I can't wait to go somewhere new this year. Here are some pics from the 2011 Baja 1000. We ran the course all the way to Loreto and back. Most of you have seen this truck, but for those of you who have not...
Doug

Attachments

• baja5.jpg
    baja5.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 96
  • baja.jpg
    baja.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 84
  • baja4.jpg
    baja4.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 78
  • baja2.jpg