Lets see some full size pictures...

Heimz

Observer
DSC03540.jpg

Love the Model A Tail lamps! Nice touch, there. Not sure if anyones noticed, but the "trucks" in the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland have old Ford tail lamps too.

Great trailer, awesome rig too fireflyr!

fireflyr

Adventurer
When I was rebuilding the trailer JC Whitney was selling them for $14 each. I liked the retro look and stainless steel shell but had to replace the 6v bulb with a 12v one. Funny thing is they only list a left side so I spent 20 minutes looking for the right side until I realized the Model A came with only a left tail light.
I just got thru with a spring over axle conversion:

DSC03785.jpg

Loco-Nomad

Adventurer
Dino 2000 what size tires/wheels are you runnin' there? Nice lookin rig for a Ford! Just Kidding. If I didn't have a Dodge I would have a Ford, but nice setup there!:smiley_drive:

dino2000

Observer
Loco: truck has just a leveling kit in it and some decent shocks. Both pics show the 315/75-16 Pro-Comp Extreme A/T's. Wore those out and bought a set of Nitto M/T's in the same size for off-road and i have a set of the 285/75 Dura Grapplers on for everyday use. I'm gettin' old and cant stand the noise from the m/ts for everyday drivin'.

vt: all the rack is Yakima i have collected over the years. The basket is a load warrior. I got it off the side of the freeway on the 580 after an accident had cleared! It must have come off the car/truck and the tow driver didn't bother to pick it up. The cross bars were still attached to it. I have a 2 seat kayak we throw up there when we are going near some water.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Hey Mr. Dino2000... How many miles did you get out of your xtreme ATs? Did you drive it hard or mellow? Regular rotations? I have an F350 and want to run those but can't get a straight answer on longevity. Thanks!

dino2000

Observer
I got an honest 38K. I rotated them regularly and used them for about a 50/50 mix between everyday and desert. I wouldn't buy them again for the simple fact that for the last third of the treadlife they were insanely LOUD!

It was a good desert tire and if i lived in the desert or spent at least 80% of the time off-road i might consider them again. I ended up with the new Nitto Dura grapplers for every day and a set of Nitto M/T's for trips to Baja and beyond. The key to keeping this setup affordable is the inexpensive steel wheels. I paid 70.00 each for the black steelies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12