Lets see some full size pictures...

Beamer pilot

Explorer
It's OK Mega, these are the only three guys on the site that have never screwed up...as for the rest of us...
I did however appreciate the humour and the quick come back...lol

Sock Puppet

Adventurer
Installed a Westin HDX grille guard I picked up off Craigslist for $300. I was going to buy one anyway, so it was nice to avoid paying full price.

2007Silverado027_zps53871cbf.jpg

Benjamin74

Thanks guys,

2001 7.3 4X4 short bed 156K. Fiberglass fenders and bedsides (fiberwerx), Full length slider drawers in bed (no Pics, I'll get some) Built transmission with billet torque converter, 39" BFG BAJA TA KR "Projects" on 17" KMC beadlocks, 4" Icon Lift in front, stock height in back on Bilsteins, Truck roof rack is off a Humvee turned sideways and the camper one I built. Other things I built: the rear bumper in 4130 chromoly with integrated tow hitch behind the license plate, the lightbar with 5 Hella Rallye 4000 lights, Customized the stock front bumper. Dieselsite.com chip, Egt/trans/boost gauges, straight exhaust, trans cooler, wickedwheel2, 4000watt Inverter, just rebuilt the rear end, complete break job, bearings and seals on all 4 along with all new Mooge steering ball joints etc, new Interstate batteries, alt, starter... Putting 24" Linear Actuators in the bed to lift the camper in a few weeks.

FYI I will be selling the bed complete take off with everything included (bumper as well) in a couple months, Along with the complete front clip (Sans hellas) as well as the roof rack. I will be selling both axles and lift as well. (2008 Axles/ Carli/King coilover suspension, custom flatbed and slide on camper coming soon. Time to step it up a few notches:)

Without Cap on 37"s and Current Wrap, site is down at the moment.

IMG_7917.jpg1.jpg

Last edited:

Benjamin74

Thanks Boog, Digging your X as well! Looks like we are on the same suspension paths... I wanted the tow hitch to be really stout so the lower tube goes under to box it in. Ill snap some shots so you can see, had to chop a little off the frame to make it snug.

Benjamin74

Wish i could have gotten better angles, Piggy does not want to start in the "cold" 35f, I guess Interstate batteries are not what they used to be :( Time to track down some higher cranking amp batteries and check my glow plugs... ugh

I cut my stock tow hitch, welded it between the frame rails and then built the tube bumper around that. License plate is on a square tube frame that slides into the receiver, and holds in with the receiver pin.

IMG_0139.jpgIMG_0140.jpgIMG_0141.jpgIMG_0143.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan