Lets see some full size pictures...

Stoney126

Adventurer
I too had recently thought about replacing the leafs with an 05 suspension, any links on the swap? And the front clip swap, can't wait to see that

east_tn_81

Adventurer
Take a look at my 40 year old Banana. It's a Coronado Gold 1975 F150 Explorer package. 2wd, 390 4bbl, AT and factory A/C. I bought her from the original owner who drove her out to AZ in 1978. It's got about 300,000 miles. Short term I'm fixing some aged wiring, new lighting, replacing bed carpet, and have the steering box out for rebuild. After that it will be F350 brakes and a shackle flip/coil bucket lift. Final mod is going to be a Diesel/5-speed swap. The paint is original and the only time Ford used that color so I'll just touch up and blend the bare areas.

View attachment 274108

Beautiful truck. She is a survivor. What motor and transmission does it currently have? It seems a shame to put a Diesel in that truck. Good luck.

NTBnAZ

It has a 390 and a C6 auto transmission. I would love to keep the 390 but I can get waste motor oil and Jet-A for free. An IDI swap would really open up the budget to use her a lot more. It not like it's numbers matching any more. The original owner swapped in an NTW rebuilt short block at 250k.

rparker762

Observer
Not sure if I've posted these before. My 03 Ram 1500 w a Hemi. These were from our 3rd anniversary. We stayed at a B&B in Snowflake, AZ then went up through the Petrified Forest then to the Painted Desert and Route 66.

Ram is still pretty much the same. Debating on trading it off for an older Chevy Blazer I used to have. It does what I've asked and is capable for what I want but sometimes I miss old steel plus I've taken the Blazer more places so I am more confident in what it can handle. The Ram is still somewhat untested by me.

Same Blazer. The first pic is shortly after I bought her.

fogo

Nice Bronco. I used to have 95 EB with the same Black/Gold/Tan color scheme. It was a lot rougher than yours but fun cruising down to the beach.

Thanks. Just looks nice because I took a picture of its good side. ;) The other front fender bears the scars of an encounter with a tree, and the tailgate has the standard Bronco rust all along the bottom. Got a few other things I want to do to it first though before I start making it pretty again.

AZ_Ray

Observer
My new led lights

My high beams

High beams with LEDs

Also went geocaching in the desert had the wife drive this section.....she got a little freaked went the right front dropped

Last edited:

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
It has a 390 and a C6 auto transmission. I would love to keep the 390 but I can get waste motor oil and Jet-A for free. An IDI swap would really open up the budget to use her a lot more. It not like it's numbers matching any more. The original owner swapped in an NTW rebuilt short block at 250k.

If you're running Jet-A, make sure your fuel system, to include fuel metering, can handle it. Just throwing Jet-A into a stock diesel motor can blow it up. I've seen it happen with some of our fuel system guys who take "waste" fuel and "test" it out. Nearly fried the motor and turned it into a run away. Just be careful. If nothing else, try mixing it with your waste oil to get the power levels you need.

bloodyWEST

Adventurer
Mt Whitney in the background.
7f55edd330e49d1f0b4a340a32225c7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Ha! Thanks! I've been told the key to happiness is wanting what you have... I'm still learning that one... :) I'm Going to do a 05 axle swap so I can get some real suspension under it (prob Carli Dominator 3.0, strip it down to the cab, 2011+ front clip, custom flatbed with a custom camper... Later this year I hope...

Something like this... Just adult sized...

View attachment 274114

You'll love the Carli upgrade. The shop I use has done a 2.5 Pintop and a 3.0 Dominator on the newer mono control arm Fords. I believe the Dominator recipient got the upgraded Carli control arms too.

NTBnAZ

If you're running Jet-A, make sure your fuel system, to include fuel metering, can handle it. Just throwing Jet-A into a stock diesel motor can blow it up. I've seen it happen with some of our fuel system guys who take "waste" fuel and "test" it out. Nearly fried the motor and turned it into a run away. Just be careful. If nothing else, try mixing it with your waste oil to get the power levels you need.

I wasnt planning to ever run straight Jet-A. It doesn't have the lubricity of diesel and eats up injection pumps. It will be cut with 100W or 20W50 WMO. My truck has dual tanks. 1 will be for regular diesel and the other for WMO\Jet-A. Do you know if anyone has tried Mil-H-5606? Its about like ATF slighty heavier

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
I wasnt planning to ever run straight Jet-A. It doesn't have the lubricity of diesel and eats up injection pumps. It will be cut with 100W or 20W50 WMO. My truck has dual tanks. 1 will be for regular diesel and the other for WMO\Jet-A. Do you know if anyone has tried Mil-H-5606? Its about like ATF slighty heavier

Oh, I know 5606 well. Very well. I'm a crew chief on E-3 sentry's and I'm in contact with the stuff on an almost daily basis. To answer your question though, no, I've never heard of anybody using it, either as a diesel lubricant or a fuel mix. I do know its high temp and looses heat quickly and its fairly caustic stuff if you're not used to handling petroleum based liquids.

NTBnAZ

Oh, I know 5606 well. Very well. I'm a crew chief on E-3 sentry's and I'm in contact with the stuff on an almost daily basis. To answer your question though, no, I've never heard of anybody using it, either as a diesel lubricant or a fuel mix. I do know its high temp and looses heat quickly and its fairly caustic stuff if you're not used to handling petroleum based liquids.

Hey another 2A. I was an F-16 Crew Chief many, many, moons ago. I have plenty of experience with handling 5606 but don't know about burning it. I guess the Banana is going to be the guinea pig. 5606 isn't so bad. Skydrol (phophate ester) is the really nasty stuff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears