Lets see some full size pictures...

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
We test drove a White one which is what color he wants. He's still trying to talk himself out of it, but I'm guessing he'll have it in his driveway within the next month or so. Dealer keeps buggin him because they only have a few 2011's left and they're trying really hard to push them out. I think they cut $20,000 off the sticker :Wow1:

fifty

Adventurer
Teaser Pic

Teaser pic...can you say "Drrroooooop?"
passengersidebigview2.jpg

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
This is from another forum, it's not mine, but it's very nice. I love this body style, and haven't seen one set up as an ExPo Rig....

232323232%7Ffp63636%3Enu%3D9844%3E%3B67%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D34824%3B92%3A7348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63579%3Enu%3D9844%3E%3B67%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D34824%3B92%3A8348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63633%3Enu%3D9844%3E%3B67%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D34824%3B92%3A9348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63559%3Enu%3D9844%3E%3B67%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D34824%3A%3C4%3A%3B348nu0mrj

Now THERE is a GM product I'd be happy to drive. Simple, classic and has everything you truly NEED in a 4wd. Nice find.

Cheers

Dave

fifty

Adventurer
Just kidding:
passengersiderear.jpg

and

rearview.jpg

and
passengersideclose.jpg

and
rearbig.jpg

Still need to finish the front and do an alignment...including sucking the rear axle forward about 2 inches...

JamesDowning

Explorer
I'm not so sure.

Going from a leaf setup to a coilover, I'd want to see larger diameter mounting hardware for the rear coil shocks. Those bolts look tiny! I don't know - I've just never been a fan of coilovers like that - I always envision this happening:

Also - maybe I'm not seeing it right, but is there only one U bolt holding the panhard bar to the axle tube? I think I'd want to weld that sucker on anyways.

Sorry, not trying to be a killjoy. Would love to see some pictures of you really using the lift though - prove me wrong!.

WCO

It's Lil' Willi
I'm not so sure.

Going from a leaf setup to a coilover, I'd want to see larger diameter mounting hardware for the rear coil shocks. Those bolts look tiny! I don't know - I've just never been a fan of coilovers like that - I always envision this happening:

Also - maybe I'm not seeing it right, but is there only one U bolt holding the panhard bar to the axle tube? I think I'd want to weld that sucker on anyways.

Sorry, not trying to be a killjoy. Would love to see some pictures of you really using the lift though - prove me wrong!.

those u-bolts scare the bejesus out of me.....I like the idea, but good long travel suspension like that doesn't work to well with a high center of gravity.....definitely should work on the mild trails though. I'd look at beefing up all your axis points in the suspension though, there's a reason desert truck used 3/4 and 1" heim joints, the stresses of suspension movent can be desasterous as seen in the video posted by james......would love to see some video of the suspension at work though!

bftank

Explorer
i vote weld it as well. the red truck self destructed because he had two coilovers per side mounted in single sheer. incompetent builder syndrome. this gentleman has his mounted in double sheer, and it looks like the panhard bracket is possibly ubolted to both sides of the leaf spring mount, that being said i would still prefer to have it welded. vs relying on ubolts alone. looks like a fun project though.

JamesDowning

Explorer
Ah, I didn't see that their mounting was in single shear on the red truck.

I'm sure the due-diligence was done on the one above. I guess I'm just weary of super lifts. That bolt head still just looks suspiciously small.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78