Lets see some full size pictures...

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Soon we will see some of these mountains again......
Can07053.jpg

What do you think?:)

Joffre Peak? When are you coming over?

Last edited:

SilverBullet

Explorer
Stan, welcome! I met you once with the Dodge at Truckin' National in Phoenix. Sweet rig, and I love the tow rig. Welcome to expo.

Hijack done, sorry

Last edited:

JRAMJR

long time lurker . new poster

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh521/jramjr/GMC 2500hd/a3fe8e65.jpg

Had a problem with uploading pics from ipad. My MacBook is out of order right now. hope this works.

Anyways.. Ive been following these treads for a long time but decided to post when I started work on my rig finally. Ive logged many off-road miles on this truck , needed to make it more self contained. It's a 2006 GMC 2500HD 6.0 which was basically stock except for torsion keys (sucked) CB ,( being changed out for new unit , and rewired ), tires , and a Leer cap.
Recent mod was full re-do of suspension. Cognito set about 5" , UCA's ,Non-torsion bar drop, heavy tie-rods, pitman arm, idler, and front axles. front fender mod, Pro-Comp 17x9 7005's wrapped with Toyo 35x12.5x17 MT's. I worked on later Toyotas and Jeeps . So I left this upgrade to local Nor-Cal Truck who know these units in and out.
most of my 4-wheeling has always been 80's Toy's , but needed to transform this rig to fit my needs of a larger self contained unit ready to go with minimal prep to Nor-cal mountains , Desert, or down to Baja Sur. I owned it since new and decided to keep it ,since I liked the older body style and dont want a new truck payment.
I will post with new upgrades as best I can when I can. I am always up for suggestions ;there is a wealth of info here. I have alot of plans for this rig.
I am done living out of plastic totes in this rig.

Works in progress this month after the suspension are exhaust , and cold intake. Wiring harness for 260 watt solar panels on Thule rack atop Leer linked to AGM battery. Up front dual batteries, (3 batteries total)and re-do CB that was taken out last month.

Mods this summer. .. Interior and Cordura seats with rear mounted Molle straps (takes away one plastic tote full of personal effects ( shower stuff , field toolsi, ie: Belt weather kit, Garmin, Kestrel unit, "Spot" unit, ammo magazines and flash lights.
Later this year , LED exterior lighting, wire up Engel Fridge . Time permitting .. we'll see.

Last edited:

Nick.V70

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh521/jramjr/GMC 2500hd/a3fe8e65.jpg

Had a problem with uploading pics from ipad. My MacBook is out of order right now. hope this works.

Anyways.. Ive been following these treads for a long time but decided to post when I started work on my rig finally. Ive logged many off-road miles on this truck , needed to make it more self contained. It's a 2006 GMC 2500HD 6.0 which was basically stock except for torsion keys (sucked) CB ,( being changed out for new unit , and rewired ), tires , and a Leer cap.
Recent mod was full re-do of suspension. Cognito set about 5" , UCA's ,Non-torsion bar drop, heavy tie-rods, pitman arm, idler, and front axles. front fender mod, Pro-Comp 17x9 7005's wrapped with Toyo 35x12.5x17 MT's. I worked on later Toyotas and Jeeps . So I left this upgrade to local Nor-Cal Truck who know these units in and out.
most of my 4-wheeling has always been 80's Toy's , but needed to transform this rig to fit my needs of a larger self contained unit ready to go with minimal prep to Nor-cal mountains , Desert, or down to Baja Sur. I owned it since new and decided to keep it ,since I liked the older body style and dont want a new truck payment.
I will post with new upgrades as best I can when I can. I am always up for suggestions ;there is a wealth of info here. I have alot of plans for this rig.
I am done living out of plastic totes in this rig.

Works in progress this month after the suspension are exhaust , and cold intake. Wiring harness for 260 watt solar panels on Thule rack atop Leer linked to AGM battery. Up front dual batteries, (3 batteries total)and re-do CB that was taken out last month.

Mods this summer. .. Interior and Cordura seats with rear mounted Molle straps (takes away one plastic tote full of personal effects ( shower stuff , field toolsi, ie: Belt weather kit, Garmin, Kestrel unit, "Spot" unit, ammo magazines and flash lights.
Later this year , LED exterior lighting, wire up Engel Fridge . Time permitting .. we'll see.

Nice truck!

click

Nice truck, looks like the one I just drove the other day:sombrero:

Looking forward to more updates on your truck build up JRAMJR

I like the bumper, any other info on the suspension wheels and tires?

Nick

JRAMJR

Yes Nick that would be the exact truck. Job well done . Magnuts' slick bumper setup. Any room for a winch behind there ?

JRAMJR

Nick, for me , that wouldn't work. I will need a heavier front bumper. Plated yes. I was still courious . I need a full capacity winch , and something with heavy anchor points for the occasional rope system off the front. I do like the look of that bumper though. Slick ? Yes :) it wouldn't provide enough protection though. I have friends that might go with that though.

Heading into extended trip soon. May jump onto those Rigid lights sooner than later.:smiley_drive:

betarocker has a nice bumper. Can't place the brand though. Very nice. I am partial to the Trail Ready so far. Low profile , decent weight. Decent Price.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears