Lets see some full size pictures...

SFROMAN

Adventurer
n2dfire

Sir, what brand and lift size are you running on your dodge? Can you show better pics of your bed set up?

n2dfire

Observer
2013-03-01 21.23.09.jpg2013-03-01 21.24.37.jpg2013-03-01 21.25.13.jpg2013-03-01 21.25.01.jpg2013-03-01 21.25.46.jpg2013-03-01 21.26.02.jpg2013-03-01 21.26.16.jpg2013-03-01 21.29.07.jpgThe lift is BDS Long Arm Kit, Its a 6 inch lift, but the Power Wagen comes with a 2-2.5 inch lift from the factory, so over factory it is 4 inches of lift....I believe. The lift comes with Fox shocks as well. I love the suspension very much. The ride is very smooth for a 2500 truck. The rear springs are original so I didn't loose and payload, that said the camper shell helps put some weight on the bed providing a better ride as a result. I can post up some better pics tomarrow....but the high lift jack is mounted on high lift brackets bolted to bed....didn't want to drill it but I did and it tucks away nicely there, I had a jeep JK before this so I mounted the rollbar fire extinguisher holder from smittybuilt to the hi lift jack itself, it just velcros on. On the other side I mounted a shovel with Quick Fist mounts, they are really good product....Amazon or ebay and they are cheap. The tool box is federal excess locking metal box from army surplus store, it has handles so I put the jerry cans and a water can and strap it down from the tool box handle to the side of the bed tie down. Led Light from LED Glow, made specific for truck beds light it up, tapped into the rear break light for juice and put a switch in the preexisting hole in the bed on the left rear next to tie down area....I got an inverter under the hi lift flash light mounted on the rear left bed side by tail gate opening, and next to that I got a cigarett lighter plug and the most inportant part of the whole build up is the bottle opener. You will go camping once without one. By the way , i work for the Fire Department and the only people that call me sir are "Boots" new guys, or military, So I will take a stab and say your military, if so, Thanks for your service to this great county! and our freedoms you protected!!! My family and Kids owe you a debt of graditude. I took some pics but it is night here and I have a Casio Commando phone because It can handle my abuse but the camera does not take good night shots...so I will try to put some better ones up tomarrow.

Last weekend

We decided to take the boys for a hike.

We live in SMA Mexico and this is only just outside of town...wish I could say we were on a long journey to someplace exotic, but it's our friends' driveway!

:sombrero:

DSC_0384.jpg

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
Nice rig n2dfire. I like the organized bed. That's one of the things I have to do... organize my bed. I've been putting it off because I want to figure out a way to be able to get to my recovery gear, without having to unload if I've got a full load. Right now my Hi-Lift, shovel, jerry cans, chains, straps... etc are in the bed, but I want them outside someday, and a camper built into the bed. I lived in the bed of my '91 ford when I got out after Desert Storm. (I went to college) Had a nice set up built with a real twin bed mattress, very comfy.

fjatheart

Adventurer
I have had 4 Suburbans. A 72 2 wheel drive (still have) an 87 1/2ton 4x4, a 98 3/4 ton 4x4, but all didn't have what it took, or were going to cost too much and take too long. With 4 kids, I needed something big. Then I saw this Burb, built by Drew at Avalanche Engineering, but he wasn't selling. Fast forward two or three years and I heard he was in fact selling this great burb. It has 83,000 miles on it (32,000 when I picked it up)and still running strong. Its been all over the country and I can't wait to go somewhere new this year. Here are some pics from the 2011 Baja 1000. We ran the course all the way to Loreto and back. Most of you have seen this truck, but for those of you who have not...
Doug

Man, those are great pictures. Looks like a fun trip.

n2dfire

Observer
Daddyusmaximus....I have the same issue with trying to figure out sleeping arrangement. I am looking into building a light weight solution across the top of the lip where the shell sits on the bed...that way I can store all my S@@T and still have all the room under it for storage. It needs to be able have doors that flip up for access. so I am thinking of putting a futon mattress on top of it.

trailbound

Man, those are great pictures. Looks like a fun trip.
Thanks,it was a fun trip. That was my first time being in Mexico, you tend to drive a little different knowing there isn't a Car Quest around the corner. P.S. the Burb has been in your neck of the woods too.
Doug

Wh1t3nukle

I gotz dis
Bolita,

Is that a tent on the rack? If so, brand and specs?

Thanks!

Well done on the rig!

Greetings From Venezuela. Here Some Pics of some trips that I Made

522408_10151251135198081_236671525_n.jpg

557948_10151078928663081_337594279_n.jpg

542667_10151495398043081_1257693365_n.jpg

Bolita

Bolita,

Is that a tent on the rack? If so, brand and specs?

Thanks!

Well done on the rig!
Hello Wh1t3nukle, yes that´s a Roof Top Tent, It´s a Venezuelan Brand "Carpas Anaconda" Anaconda Tents.

Specs Are: Anaconda Tent Model Mantis 1.80Mts (About 6´) With Air Conditioner Option. Very similar to the ARB kakadu model.

156323_10151407010093081_230143007_n.jpg

Anaconda

ARBKakaduRooftopTent.jpg

ARB Kakadu

Dave Kay

Adventurer
I'm not sure where to put this, maybe it belongs in the Expediton Camper section...
In any event, while exploring the Grand Canyon I saw this truck used by Pink Jeep Tours. They're calling it the Tour Trekker.
It would make a cool base shell for a camper conversion.
IMG_7625_zpse26b02dd.jpg

Hey! that was great! But maybe I'm not seeing right 'cause this rig looks like a Dodge based vehicle--- one ton--- and the enclosure surely WOULD make a great base model camper/expedition rig... thanks for the vid!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12