Lets see some full size pictures...

pawleyk

Running from Monday..
Here's mine..

2005 Silverado, 2500HD. 6.0L gas. Re-indexed torsion keys and add-a leaf for about 2" of lift. Fits the 35x12.5s pretty well.

I built the bumper myself. Dual batteries. Planning a re-gear to 4.88's and a limited slip for the rear this summer.

As it is, it gets around pretty well. This pic is from the intermediate run at the 2015 NW Overland Rally. It was really fun to wheel with all those Jeeps, Rovers, and 'Yotas..

I'm looking for a Hallmark UTE or similar for a long term trip from Oregon to Argentina..

I'm thinking I'll build a custom flatbed for it too- same concept as the bumper. Strong where it needs to be, light where it doesn't.

11230926_10206779096733287_4527800134310853296_o.jpg

pawleyk

Running from Monday..
Last edited:

wallace2000

IMG_2492.jpg
IMG_2510.jpg
IMG_2494.jpg

Thought I'd add something more recent. These are from a trip my buddy and I took up by the Kern river. Gotta say i love the XML's i didnt have to put it in 4wd once.

rayra

Expedition Leader
wallace I'm gonna take a stab and say that's Camp 3 campgrounds, just north of Riverkern.

flyfishers-060701.jpg

Last edited:

wallace2000

damn rayra thats a good eye. yeah we were right up there, that dirt road down into that area has been washed out a little so no one else was down there. daddyusmaximus, i trimmed a LOT, i had to cut some of the metal off the from the body of the cab as well, the piece that is just behind the fender liner. once i did that i can turn it lock to lock but if im turned and the tire stuffs up in the wheel well it will still rub a bit

rayra

Expedition Leader
damn rayra thats a good eye. yeah we were right up there, that dirt road down into that area has been washed out a little so no one else was down there. ...

heh. I cheated. That hill in the background was the northwest view off my front porch. We had a vacation house in the middle of Riverkern from '99 to '11. Before that we used to camp at camp 3 on river-rafting trips. Spent a lot of years farting around up there. Did you make it to the waterfall / grotto just east of there? Other side of the main road, dirt road over a cattle grate, past an old burned house / chimney and up that little notch with the big butte on your left / north (that's the local shooting area btw) and on your right down in the gully is a nice rock pool. But in the spring melt-off it's a great little spot. Usually has a couple 'illegal' campers there. Not an official campsite spot.

The road north to Johnsondale and beyond to the Trail of 100 Giants (Sequoia grove) is a nice day trip and there's a great roadside hamburger stand at McNally's steakhouse / hotel along the way, ~6-7mi N of Riverkern. And you get up in the alpine coolness in hot summer months.

here's my old porch view of that hill in your pic, its SSE face anyway.

frontyard2_zpseb385ips.jpg

And the backyard view of the butte that looms over Camp 3

buttesunset-020721_zpskuy1qrde.jpg

I sorta miss the place, but most of the time I was up there I was remodeling that 60yr-old house. Don't miss the couple we used to own it with. managed to sell it for a good profit, even with the downturn. Last big fire that came thru there burned four houses at the end of our block

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
I run 35's no lift

I've read of guys running only a leveling kit, or nothing and clearing 35s in the newer trucks. I think they have bigger wheel wells. When you look at my truck...

many people say it looks like I should run 37s. I'm sure I could on the street, but even with my 4" lift I have had fender contact in the front (not bad) when at full lock and full stuff with my 35s.

Raul B

Explorer
I've read of guys running only a leveling kit, or nothing and clearing 35s in the newer trucks. I think they have bigger wheel wells. When you look at my truck...

many people say it looks like I should run 37s. I'm sure I could on the street, but even with my 4" lift I have had fender contact in the front (not bad) when at full lock and full stuff with my 35s.
I ran 35" tires with a leveling kit on. You white f250 if you can remember that far back..... Thr problem mainly lies with thr leave Springs on thr older trucks like yours. I ran 37" tires on my 4" lift. I did have to trim the bumper and pull the wheel well liner in with zip ties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78