Lets see some full size pictures...

0917151243.jpg

Mine again. Trying to stay motivated lately to finish it. Has a Dana60 with long arm coilspring upfront that are going for some leafs and a matching Rockwell.

Attachments

• 09171512431.jpg
    09171512431.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,874

hoov100

I wouldn't say I'm ready for an expedition, but I took it on a 1600 mile trip and stayed reasonably comfortable and have been on multiple backyard excursions and a couple 300 +/- mile trips since then without any issue. jeep.jpg

hoov100, I trust an older stock vehicle for trips off the beaten path far more than anything brand new these days. Nice Jeep btw! There's also a certain amount of pride in keeping and preserving old iron. Not too mention it's a environmentally friendly way to slap so-called environmentalist that never even realize that buying new car is far worse than reusing something old. (steps off soap box)

My truck came with disks on rear stock but that's a Rockwell on the back with 15" disks from a Ford F700. The stock Dana 70 exploded on pavement on the way to work, so much for 1 tons... I almost got a 5 ton rockwell but even though it would have fit in the back, the truck would forever remain 2WD due to room for a matcher up front.

The MPT81's are great in the snow, alright, I haven't tried any fresh powder beyond 6", but so far packed snow and ice have not been an issue. This might be contrary to what unimog guys say, but those are a whole 'nother level of vehicle.

Beamer pilot

Explorer
Mud tires generally do well in loose dry snow. It's the slush and ice that slays them all.

Seen many and pulled a few out of the ditches all of them with proper snow tires - on ice, packed snow and black ice.
In those conditions speed is the factor more than tires and many drivers fail to understand that particularly 4X4 SUVs...
One winter road warrior passed me at an excessive rate of speed in freezing rain...saw him in the ditch a few miles later...just waved at him as he signaled me to stop...
I hope he is still there...
Back to regular programming...

slowlane

Observer
The old heap still has some life left for a trip up Mount Washington with a wrist pin knock, low oil pressure, and all. Made the 150 mile drive as well as up and down the mountain with no trouble. I can't help but be impressed by the tired 350.

21649303901_418846f3e4_b.jpg

98dango

Expedition Leader
Not very exp.

20150928_121919.jpg

But we are heading to Montana on Wednesday. 15 days in the hills hiking hunting and being with family.

slim1000

My 89 Suburban I pick up with 48,000 original miles for only $3000. I put a 4" rough country lift and 33/12.50 general grabber at2's. Much more to come...

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998