Lets see some full size pictures...

chasespeed

Explorer
Those 1st gens really have that little wheel travel? That, I didnt know. My 1st gen was a 2wd dually.

I am several of the other forums, and never signed up on TDR.

Chase

ARlZONA

Observer
PICT0011.JPG

JamesDowning

Explorer

Do you ever experience overheating issues on the highway with that light array? I didn't realize it until recently, but even with only two on my truck, the water temp starts walking up to 230F once the external temp reaches 90ish. If I take my lights off, the issue goes away.

May want to watch for it if you haven't been... just a heads up!

Jake283618

Do you ever experience overheating issues on the highway with that light array? I didn't realize it until recently, but even with only two on my truck, the water temp starts walking up to 230F once the external temp reaches 90ish. If I take my lights off, the issue goes away.

May want to watch for it if you haven't been... just a heads up!

Nope haven't experienced any overheating. I have a 180 degree thermostat and I have my E-fans set to come on at the same degree and my temp gauge never goes over that but I do keep a close eye on it just in case cause I had that concern when I first put the lights on. But after 6 months of driving like that so far so good :smiley_drive:

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
What a bunch of NICE Fullsize trucks, This was my first attempt at an ExPo Rig Hope you all like it.

My 89 Suburban :victory:
scan0003.jpg

scan0002.jpg

And A Little Tipsy on this one :Wow1:
scan0001.jpg

Brianb

My 89 2500 4x4 CTD

Backroad, that sure looks familiar. I just finshed a cummins in mine and am ready to move on to more modds. Nice burb btw. Brian

Attachments

• 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 169
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 201
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 198

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Bed System

Agreed ! Very surprising that this is not more popular.

Please do reverse engineer it when you get home and it sounds like the basis for a nice side business !

This would be an excellent thread on its own ;)

It is made by a local company in Salt Lake. They don't have a web site and the only # I have for them has been disconnected... I do plan on reverse engineering it when I get home (I am in Afghanistan) and making a few variations.

I don't know how much it cost, it came with the truck! I have never seen any that are as nice as this and I am surprised that they aren't more popular. I hate home made plywood storage boxes and other hillbilly looking wood creations. I think they are tacky and ugly, but the quality of this system is outstanding and I love it. The carpet on this unit is tough as nails but still soft enough to sleep on. There is ample padding too. Plus, there are 4 recessed, plastic cup holders for lounging with your favorite canned beverage!

bedbed.jpg

96discoXD

Adventurer
Agreed ! Very surprising that this is not more popular.

Please do reverse engineer it when you get home and it sounds like the basis for a nice side business !

This would be an excellent thread on its own ;)

bedbed.jpg

There is a thread somewhere here on expo about building these in various forms. I intend to build one for my truck soon, albeit probably not quite as elaborate as this one. It's the only reason I am keeping the topper for my truck. I plan to have drawers in the rear and lockable storage compartments up front, all covered with similar carpet. I'll put storage on the driver's side since I have a windoor in my topper on that side. I plan to make the base on mine modular in two pieces to make it quick and easy to install and remove based on what I'm doing with the truck at any given point in time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78