Lets see the Expo Cruisers!

arthog

Thanks for the welcome.
Im in Rollinsville Co. San Diego before that. The third pic is at the top of my driveway. Im at 9000'. so far no problems with gelling of the diesel. I forgot to say I hope to start running Greasel and skip Bio. up here the station has diesel at $4.20 a gal and in Boulder bio is $4.85. and the restaurant down the road has about 50+ gal of oil out front that is free.

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
In the 1980s I had a very, very clean 55 that I still miss! I used it for Sea of Cortez scuba diving and had some amazing fun with it.
(Sorry, no larger photos)
RH-FJ55.jpg

Missed it so much when deciding on a project vehicle last year, I jumped at a chance to replace my Tacoma with an FJ60 - got this 84 for a song - all-Arizona, OME, long-range tank, nice and clean.

Overland Journal adopted it as their conservation project vehicle and I spent the last 9 months researching engine swaps for a diesel, and finding partners to build it up.

It took a while but we now have an amazing project set up - I won't spoil all the fun here, but the final engine choice and our build partners will be announced in the Spring Overland Joural. Let's just say it's going to be like an 'icon' of its kind:elkgrin: (hint-hint). This is going to be such fun.

hansonscruisers.jpg

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
DesertRose said:
In the 1980s I had a very, very clean 55 that I still miss! I used it for Sea of Cortez scuba diving and had some amazing fun with it.
(Sorry, no larger photos)
RH-FJ55.jpg

Missed it so much when deciding on a project vehicle last year, I jumped at a chance to replace my Tacoma with an FJ60 - got this 84 for a song - all-Arizona, OME, long-range tank, nice and clean.

Overland Journal adopted it as their conservation project vehicle and I spent the last 9 months researching engine swaps for a diesel, and finding partners to build it up.

It took a while but we now have an amazing project set up - I won't spoil all the fun here, but the final engine choice and our build partners will be announced in the Spring Overland Joural. Let's just say it's going to be like an 'icon' of its kind:elkgrin: (hint-hint). This is going to be such fun.

hansonscruisers.jpg

Now that's gonna be a build to watch. Get to it mate.

Cheers

Dave

eleblanc

Adventurer
My 1983 BJ42, Diesel 3B with Turbo, 4.88 r&p, OME heavy, ARB locker front and rear, Viair 24v, Warn M12000 24V, etc...etc....tons more stuff.

dsc5843a800xp0.jpg

picture%20001.jpg

picture%20005.jpg

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
eleblanc said:
My 1983 BJ42, Diesel 3B with Turbo, 4.88 r&p, OME heavy, ARB locker front and rear, Viair 24v, Warn M12000 24V, etc...etc....tons more stuff.

dsc5843a800xp0.jpg

Welcome to Expo! That's a great BJ - nice shot too!

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Dig the BJ42!

eleblanc said:

dsc5843a800xp0.jpg

Great shot and uber cool rig! Where are you from?
Cheers,
P

MaddBaggins

Explorer
My girl

94 Landcruiser
4" lift
Landtank Castor correction
315/75 r16 Cooper Discoverer STT
16x8 black steel rims
center diff switch w/pin 7
Aussie rear locker
ARB front locker/ compressor plumbed for air hose
Head gasket replaced and head milled for more compression
dual batts with National Luna system
Custom storage deck in rear (3rd row sold)
CB
700 watt Eclipse/Planet Audio system
iPod adapter-deck controls iPod
retubed rear driveshaft
adjustable upper rear arms
adjustable panhards
Slee HD rear lower arms
custom front diff armor
Slee T-case skid
Slee sliders
4x4Labs DIY dual swingout bumper
custom front bumper
Lightforce 170's
10# Powertank
MV150 compressor
All tools for the rig and then a couple extra
spare parts and fluids

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of stuff And I didn't even get into all the new parts it has. This rig runs awesome and tracks straight down the road.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179