Let's see those GEN 3 roof racks!

arb098

Adventurer
Hey folks,

I'm looking at buying some cross bars for my Monty. I've seen a few great looking racks on the different builds, but I figured it'd be nice to have a thread dedicated to all the different roof racks y'all have come up with! So let's see them set ups!

For the time being, I'm looking at going with these cheaper EBAY bars that DJBenny has anyone else every used these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/53-Aluminum-SUV-Wagon-Crossbars-Luggage-Cargo-Carrier-Rack-for-Lifted-Roof-Rail/222439893032?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

arb098

Adventurer
So, I bit the bullet and bought those bars, only I got them on Amazon as a combo pack with a twin set of Kayak Jay Racks for $100 shipped. All hail Prime. They are actually pretty solid bars. We did a little weight testing, and they held up to 400 lbs resting, which will be good for our RTT when we get it. I think we'll still get a third bar to run under the midsection of the RTT to spread out the weight. Overall, they look GREAT! They actually fit the styling of the GEN 3 a lot more than the square or round bars. Plus, so far, I've noticed no changes in the noise level. We'll see how well they work over the next year or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears