Lets see your full size Chevy!!!

TechNoir

Observer
thanks, no i bought it with 220ish miles a few months ago, i've replaced both front wheel bearings and a battery, i have NO service history and i bought it with an oil leak. over the time ive had it, it has developed a lower end tick and lifter noise on start-up . but it looks very solid everywhere and drives very nicely with no creaks or funny noises, or water leaks, the door checkers are a bit sticky and the rear lift glass is brocken at the hinges but that's the worst of it.

warrior1

Heres mine after a fishing trip with my son down the river. We didnt catch a damn thing but had fun.

Attachments

• phantom canoe.jpg
    phantom canoe.jpg
    586 KB · Views: 54

edlaffoon

Adventure Every Day
^ Very nice! I'd like to see more pictures of it if possible.

I've always felt fishing is less about the fish and more about the "ing".

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
^ Very nice! I'd like to see more pictures of it if possible.

I've always felt fishing is less about the fish and more about the "ing".

Amen! And perfect way to put it too..
Unless you are out in the wild trying to survive off the land.. hah. Then I can understand being upset with not catching anything. :D

ThrottleHappy

I love this ole girl. Shes got the sm465.

9250362649_3891b116c3_h.jpg

9250366049_ee6e747c18_h.jpg

edlaffoon

Adventure Every Day
I agree, and must be fun with the 465. I wanted to convert my K5 but opted to stick with the K-Case 700R4.

ThrottleHappy

Thanks a lot, guys. A lot of fun for sure... except on the freeway! Ideally I'll never get rid of this Sub and would like to eventually do a LQ/NV4500 swap and freshen up the suspension components. My long-term goal is to have all the modern conveniences and drive train while retaining the (IMO) classic look, utility and durability. Forget the conveniences for now though, these trucks get the job done. Even at 25 years old, she's the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned.

04Greenz

Well a long time lurker and a fellow full size chevy owner I guess its time to do my part. I'm an avid member over on Z71Tahoe-Suburban and came here to get more info on expo knowledge for future plans to explore after I graduate college.
Started with a bone stock 2004 Z71 Tahoe back in '07. Those were the highschool days so the high school mods started.

Later on I added Bilstein 5100s, 1.5 coil spacers with ford keys and pro comp wheels with BFG all terrains, when through my fair share of different light setups, ect ect.

Then finally found an ARB on craigslist list and got it mounted up and bolted down. Tow mirrors too
IMG_2715.jpg
[/URL]
Now it sits with everything above, 07+ Z71 wheels, 35" Micky Thompson MTZs, and a 3" body lift with some other goodies.
38B1AF0A-4FC6-4D2C-821E-0D9A8A31E4BC-216-00000007A607557B_zps378656ba.jpg

Here's a frontal but with the 275/70/18 Cooper STTs i ran in between the Pro Comp wheels and the 35's
6CFAD57B-7C3B-4C2B-AD5F-A9FA0F61EE5A-2955-000001F17F3971FD_zps46e2bbe1.jpg

en-route is a custom built rear bumper with tire carrier and jerry-can mount. Will post pics when its done being built and bolted up. I'll get a build thread going with all my goodies and what i've learned through the past couple of years.

1976K5Chalet

Observer
My 90 Jimmy

IMG_0044 (Large).JPGIMG_0045 (Large).JPGIMG_0046 (Large).JPG
Finally had to retire the 79 K5 i had after all these years due to a whipple tbi supercharger experiment went wrong.
Took me a while to find this clean 90 that was garage kept for the last 4 years or so but it was well worth the wait.
The 79 was kinda like an organ donor as the 90 recieved the air locked 4.88 axles and tires...front ORD bumper and
10k warn winch. I can't take any credit for the work as i am a busy beaver in the oil fields of colorado. My dear friend
Dave E. did all the work for me. He did recieve the 79's doubler tcase...trans and driveshafts for a project of his in return
plus a lil bit of the green stuff. I can't explain how happy i am with the out come because his work is about as anal as i
was back in my wrenching days...which reminds of a certain friend in Az with the same work ethic....lol. Anyways next
month will be rock sliders and a custom rear bumper. After that...if the chip tuning doesn't go well enough their maybe
an LS swap in her future....or maybe just a cam and a few other goodies as i rather enjoy using the cruise control to and
from work. The biggest choice i have to make is....camper...or no camper. After owning a few chalets and a 4wheel pop
top i am rather found or the turtle top approach....
The front 8" Baja Design LaPaz lights are stout...and they work well....but the two Rigid D2 Led's up front make them look
candles so they while be replaced by a 30/40 inch bar. Its amazing how much better the Led lights are....utterly amazing.
Anyways this is my current work truck as my dodge has a piston/blow by issue but i look forward to getting it into expedition
shape as i tire of seeing Nick wandering around in the burb he bought from me way back in 02 and having all that fun without
me....lol.

DW

4bytruckin

rt2.jpgrt3.jpg my first post here. this is my big baby. 389ci small block 400+hp turbo 400. 4x4. 4inch lift 35's . Work truck / offroad toy. been cross country with it . will be getting re-bodied with a toyota cab wide fiberglass front fenders and a 8x6 flatbed . keeping all the 3/4 ton running gear. also in the works is a teardrop camper that will fit the flatbed. currently stockpiling materials for both projects . arizona truck now i'm located in massachusetts for work. missing the running thru the dessert outside of havasu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman