Let's See Your Isuzu!

SAS

Observer
1988 Trooper II SE
100_3211.jpg

Erik N

Adventurer
bhop, is your truck lifted? What size BFG tires in that photo?
I am thinking about buying a local Trooper in the same color.
Thanks.

bhop

bhop, is your truck lifted? What size BFG tires in that photo?
I am thinking about buying a local Trooper in the same color.
Thanks.

It's bone stock, with stock size tires. Unless someone lifted it before I bought it and I just don't know it.. heh, heh.. the stock tire size is (I think) 31x10.50R15

nfpgasmask

Adventurer
Yeah, the 1st gen Troopers have a nice stance bone stock. You can then get a Calmini lift kit (2" or 3") and that will give you enough underbelly clearance for just about anything other than hard core rock crawling, which you should already know these vehicles are not meant for.

I just bought my 2nd 1st gen Trooper. She's a little rough but will come clean once I am done babying her!!

Good luck,

Bart

tiger

THese top four with the boat are from Hungry valley and the last two are in AZ
dscn0225a.jpg

dscn0222ou.jpg

dscn0223a.jpg

dscn0226vn.jpg

dscn0167ut.jpg

dscn0168s.jpg

I just came from owning this thing. I love it but I got into an accident which bent the frame. The trooper is great and just as capable off road.:bike_rider:
dscn0010r.jpg

Last edited:

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
OMG...I just looked at that pic again, and realized it is just rusty cast iron. This is going to sound nuts, but for some reason when I looked at it the first time it looked translucent, like Pyrex or plastic or something showing the orange paint on the block through it...thought it must be a manufacturer display or something :oops: ...nevermind.

Frank

Explorer
Every time I see these threads I want my trooper back.

Well, the time has come. After a little more than a year and a half of non-trooper ownership and missing it dearly, I decided to part ways with my Jeep. Being torn between getting back into auto-x/HPDE and another Trooper, a really nice trooper kinda fell into my lap. Today I secured a 2000 Trooper for what I feel is a great deal. It's very clean on the inside, TOD, roof rack (basket) and some super over sized tires.

My Jeep was fun and the "Jeep community" was a great bunch but I never felt impressed by my Jeep. After owning a trooper, it also felt tiny. I guess to each their own.

I take ownership of the new Trooper on Tuesday. Immediate plans include getting the exhaust fixed, shocks, (KYB Monomax) tires and brakes. I also plan to build a removable rack system for the rear for gear and get it ready to go camping.

Long term plans include OME suspension, ARB bumper and a winch. Essentially a copy of the Expedition West Trooper.

Speaking of tires, what is the tallest tire you can safely put on a trooper, no lift?

Last edited:

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Congrats on the new Trooper.

285/75/16 will fit no lift. But speaking of lift, you might want to consider installing some OME929 coils. They will lift you about 2" but are worth it for the increase load carrying capacity.

montypower

Adventure Time!
I just came from owning this thing. I love it but I got into an accident which bent the frame. The trooper is great and just as capable off road.:bike_rider:

I doubt that. I've owned both and the Toyota has far better ground clearance and better wheel travel. That looks like a very clean Trooper! I like that v6 motor too (hard to find). Any mods planned for it?

Frank

Explorer
Congrats on the new Trooper.

285/75/16 will fit no lift. But speaking of lift, you might want to consider installing some OME929 coils. They will lift you about 2" but are worth it for the increase load carrying capacity.

Thanks for that info!

Budget is a concern or else I would be all over it, trust me. My plans may change once its in my driveway but as of now, I think new tires and shocks are a must rather than load capacity. Who knows, like I said, that may change once its in my driveway. :)

nfpgasmask

Adventurer
Awesome, Frank! Notihng I love more than a Jeeper going to Isuzu, or in your case, a Trooperist who went to the darkside and came back!! :wings:

Bart

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle