Let's see your LJ's!

legov

Nice LJ's everyone!

I'll post some from abroad. That`s may LJ (and a friend's Defender) on our weeklong trip through Romania, Eastern Europe, in early 2015. She's pretty well travelled for an LJ having benn across Europe and the US. Now I have her back in SoCal exploring the southwest. I'm running a 3in Lift, 285/75R16s, some armor and an 8k lbs Winch. Thinking about adding a roofrack next. Those Gobis look nice!

k-DSCF1026.JPG
k-DSC06452.JPG
k-DSC_0520.JPG
k-DSCF1128.JPG

OLRubicon

What size tires are u running?

Sorry for the late reply. I'm running 35s or the metric equivalent 315/75-16s

Colorado-10_zpsmosg4sbm.jpg

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I'm am running OME and it has been great. I went with ZJ springs up front and LJ springs in the rear. Running the newer nitro charger shocks all around. Additionally, I have the Nth shock shifters. Next I'll do the Rokmen spring relocaters.

andrewf09

Not the best pic but the most recent.

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

• Pro Comp xtreme mt2 315/75/16
  • 4:88 Gears (Automatic)
  • AEV 3" Springs
  • JKS 1.25" BL and 1" MML
  • Bilstein 5100 Shocks ( 185257 / 185264 )
  • Rokmen Control Arms
  • Currie Front & Rear Track Bars
  • Currie Currectlync Steering System
  • Tom Woods CV Drive Shaft + Advance Adapters SYE
  • OME Steering Stabilizer
  • Black Magic Brakes
  • Truck-lite Headlights
  • JKS Swaybars
  • Rock Hard Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier
  • Posion Spyder BFH Front Bumper

Last edited:

Reboot11133

Observer
Not the best pic but the most recent.

View attachment 332682

View attachment 332684

• Pro Comp xtreme mt2 315/75/16
  • 4:88 Gears (Automatic)
  • AEV 3" Springs
  • JKS 1.25" BL and 1" MML
  • Bilstein 5100 Shocks ( 185257 / 185264 )
  • Rokmen Control Arms
  • Currie Front & Rear Track Bars
  • Currie Currectlync Steering System
  • Tom Woods CV Drive Shaft + Advance Adapters SYE
  • OME Steering Stabilizer
  • Black Magic Brakes
  • Truck-lite Headlights
  • JKS Swaybars
  • Rock Hard Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier
  • Posion Spyder BFH Front Bumper

Nice LJ!
I see you are running Black Magic brakes, do you feel they are worth the money?
I need to do something with mine to improve the stopping and am seriously considering ordering those. I can't buy them locally so I need to order online. I just don't want to get them and then find out they don't perform as well as they say on other sites.

andrewf09

Nice LJ!
I see you are running Black Magic brakes, do you feel they are worth the money?
I need to do something with mine to improve the stopping and am seriously considering ordering those. I can't buy them locally so I need to order online. I just don't want to get them and then find out they don't perform as well as they say on other sites.

With the Black Magic brakes, I'm still looking to improve my braking. I have the rooters and pads and I really didn't see a difference when I put them on. I like the pads, they do last.

I've read on other forums that you can use a Dodge Durango brake booster on TJ/LJ. That's gotta improve the braking.

Reboot11133

Observer
With the Black Magic brakes, I'm still looking to improve my braking. I have the rooters and pads and I really didn't see a difference when I put them on. I like the pads, they do last.

I've read on other forums that you can use a Dodge Durango brake booster on TJ/LJ. That's gotta improve the braking.

Thanks for your honesty. I will research the Durango idea.
Edit: It looks like the Durango option is for the XJ not having much luck looking for TJ or LJ's.
I did stumble on this http://www.vancopbs.com/ it's a big brake kit, a bit pricy but should let me sleep at night.
Sorry everybody I don't mean to hijack the thread.

Last edited:

Foggy

Just joined the other day and already my wallet hurts. So many ideas and information on here that I don't know which way to go. This is my DD. Typically load it up for weekend camping trips.

2006 LJ
3in Teraflex lift
33X12.50X15 KM2
15x8 Cragar soft 8's
Bilstein 5100's
MC front adj. track bar
Teraflex quick discos
LOD Signature series rear bumper
LJ Instatrunk - with the help of a local fab shop

Jeep 1.jpg

Jeep 1.5.jpg

Jeep 2.jpg

hamr26

Observer
How do you like the Grabbers? They look super cool but I have heard they wear faster than others.

jeepster1407

Observer
There ok. I'd like something a little more aggressive and less weight than them but they seem to ride good and wear good. I got them second hand with very low miles but they've held up fine.

Zeep

Adventurer

The factory booster is plenty strong enough, the problem comes from the tiny single piston calipers, and small surface area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998