Let's See Your Riding Gear! Post Pics!

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
ATGATT (All The Gear, All The Time)

Helmets, jackets, pants, boots, gloves, and armor!

Hi-Viz vests too!

Let's see what you wear for safety in different types of riding and conditions! :bike_rider:

Post up those dual sport gear pics!

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
You know...I don't have *any* pictures of me with gear on.

But, this list goes something like this:

Olympia Airglide II (jacket + over-pants)

Marsee 3/4 length jacket (no longer made)

Klim Dakar pants

Fly Racing free-ride convertable pants

Acerbis roost deflector / pressure suit (worn with the Klim or Fly pants + appropriate knee pads--which is pretty much overkill for the riding I do---but when you are going solo, I guess overkill isn't so bad).

BMW Rally II Pro Jacket and Pants

Sidi Discovery II boots

And of course a couple helmets, helmet liners (to keep the helmets from getting funky), gloves, goggles, etc.

(*no association with the web sites linked above...I did not buy from them, don't know anything about them, their service, or anything else....they just had the pictures.....)

jkam

nomadic man
I lived on a bike for 7 years.

Spent 4 years riding all over the world in an Aerostich Darien setup.

With some fleece and thermal underwear, I was fine in all but the most nasty conditions, then I added an electric liner to the jacket.

After 7 years using the Stich, I wore it out and bought a Rukka Airvantage setup. Pricey as hell, but after 3 years I love it.

Much more comfortable than the Stich and breathes way better. Downside is it isn't waterproof without the Gore Tex liner, something I'm getting used to.

Helmet for me is a flip up. I currently ride in a Schuberth C2. In the past I've used the C1, BMW system 4 and Shoei Syncrotec.

Boots are currently BMW Santiago, Oxtar Matrix in the past.

Gloves are currently Revit R59 and BMW summer Gore Tex. Past gloves were Held Enduro and Dakar. I like a short glove, no long gauntlet for me.

Under it all I wear ExOfficio everything. Underwear, T-shirt and pants.

Last edited:

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Atgatt!

Wintertime exploring in SoCal:
51236589_PPapc-M.jpg

Arai XD Helmet- Noisy and foggy but comfy off-road.
Hein Gericke Tourege Jacket- Awesome protection, mostly waterproof.
FirstGear HT Overpant - Good protection, Warm and Waterproof.
Basic leather workboots Great for slow-speed offroad treks where hiking is involved, NOT recommended for protection against rocks and trees at "normal" speeds.
Gloves- I like thin leather gloves that allow me to feel the handgrips while still providing plenty of protection. With the heated grips on the GS, I can wear them comfortably down to ~45F. Here's a pic after a 70mph fall on pavement. I dragged them a good distance and they held up great. I'm on my 3rd pair:
30703023_H2N2u-M.jpg

Notice the scraped metal snap? It got so hot from friction it burned a hole in my hand:
30703036_ewgjk-S.jpg

Summertime:
174024714_9Ji3V-M.jpg

Shoei RF-1000 Helmet
- Quiet and comfy.
Dainese body safety jacket with a MX jersey on top- Good protection and ventilation.
BMW Airflow2 pants- Good protection and ventilation.
BMW Boots- Most comfortable boots I've ever owned. Waterproof and great protection.

Desperation Time:
27430934_UGEeU-M.jpg

After a few days of steady rain, even the best "waterproof" jacket and pants can get soaked. When riding/camping through multiple days of rain, this cheap rainsuit and "overboots" combo has held up better than anything else I've tried. Go Gumby!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior