Lexus GX 460 & 470 owner's thread

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Hello Zelzeman,

So I just bought a 2023 460 Luxury with Off-Road package.

It will have 19" gray split spoke gray wheels. I assume the tires will not be very All Terain ish. I would like to go Falken Wild Peak AT3W E rated as I will be towing a 3,800 pound (max fully loaded) off road trailer.

If I tear off the 19s should I go 17" rims with the wild peaks? What is the biggest size of tire for my stock set up?

Why no brake controller on this rig? Red ARK the best?

Love your rig and thanks in advance for any help you could give me.

Wolf Caves in Texas really ate my lunch... on such a simple looking granite outcropping! installed full skids after this trip... great time but needed more approach/departure angle. This place is mostly extreme difficulty trails. (here's the full build sheet if you're interested: LEXUS GX OVERLAND BUILD
Kelly,

Nice build and your post is incredible.

Just ordered a 2023 460 Luxury with Off-Road package. Thinking I will have to tear off 19" wheels and want to go Falken At3 to match my off road trailer. (3,800 lbs loaded) Any guess on the largest size w/o having any modifications?

Also best trailer brake controller?

Anything else I could do to help towing capacity?

windnsea00

Here is my 2014! All mods done solo in my garage. Ironman Premium Front bumper, Full length Bud Built skids, Dobinsons dual swingout rear bumper, Prinsu roof rack, JW Rock sliders, Dobinsons IMS suspension, 17 " TRD wheels w/ Falken Wildpeak AT, Ironman dual drawer system, Rear seats removed and replaced with homemade flat deck storage, Egon Hub w/ Renogy lifepo battery LED lighting and an Iceco fridge. Also an Ikamper Skycamp 2.0 that I am currently parting with. (not shown here)View attachment 764665
What front recovery hooks are you using?

Tim Brass

Wolf Caves in Texas really ate my lunch... on such a simple looking granite outcropping! installed full skids after this trip... great time but needed more approach/departure angle. This place is mostly extreme difficulty trails. (here's the full build sheet if you're interested: LEXUS GX OVERLAND BUILD
A lot of my friends use their Lexus SUVs on offroad purpose and the cars prove to be reliable. But I still can't force myself to treat Lexus this way. For me it is just a big city car.

dustinbriq

GX after suspension and wheels.jpg My old 2003 GX needed new shocks and tires, so it was time for a little upgrade. Running boards coming off soon. Bilstein 6112 (700 lb springs) front, Bilstein 5160 rear, OME 895 rear coils with MetalTech conversion kit, Method 316 17x8.5 0 offset wrapped with Falken Wildpeak AT3W 285/70.

Last edited:

This road was steep with loose rock. The gx in 4 lo and 2 gear just crawled up the steeps. Hit several wash areas that had huge dips. By adding massive boulders in the dip I was able to clear trailer. Ran the rear shocks in high mode until I cleared the front tires then low mode so my rear hitch rack didn't rub. If your going to tow buy the luxury model that has self adjusting rear air shocks.20231025_115827.jpg

I have a 23 Lux 460 with Off-Road package. There are two stock hooks on the front bumper. I was told the are not recovery points which makes since as the low hanging plastic goes lower then the hooks. So if you attached a yank rope it would trash the plastic bumper. Wonder if they are recovery hooks the were designed for the Toyota Prada but lexus add they plastic bumper and just left the hooks.

I have a 23 Lux 460 with Off-Road package. There are two stock hooks on the front bumper. I was told the are not recovery points which makes since as the low hanging plastic goes lower then the hooks. So if you attached a yank rope it would trash the plastic bumper. Wonder if they are recovery hooks the were designed for the Toyota Prada but lexus add they plastic bumper and just left the hooks.
There are aftermarket, bolt on recovery points for the GX.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior