liftin the coacman

Gregz

Observer
I recently bought a 86 coachman pop up off cl for 400 buks. Thefour yr old and i love it. the only thing i dont like about it is the clearance. Ive been thinkin about buying or fabbin up another axle, and puttin 15 inch tires onnit, and having the tires on the outside of the trailer rather than under it. id also have to make fenders, and it would be wide, but its a base camp, wont be goin near as far offroad as the tow rigs, either my 98 burb or my 93 f150. any ideas yall?

98roamer

Explorer
many have done an axle flip with a new HD axle. Just remember that you'll have to extend the corner stabilizers or use portable jacks. The step will be that much higher also.
popupexplorer.com

cwsqbm

Explorer
A lift keeping the tires under the trailer would be the way to go. Most pop-ups are at least 84" wide (so that the bunks are long enough), so that'd only leave 9" per side or less for the new tires to stay under the maximum legal width of 102". That'd also be a really wide track.

Gregz

Observer
Good advice yall, Im gonna do an axle flip and 13 inch tires, I dont have corner stabilizers, I use jack stands and bottle jack to get it where i want it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior