lifting beds?

jk6661

Observer
Does anyone know of an expedition vehicle manufacturer that offers a lifting bed like Bliss Mobil and SLRV? That's a great use of space, but I don't know anyone else who does it.

Ramdough

Adventurer
I plan on a diy version. I would be interested in what you find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
You can find several DIY lifting beds in cargo trailer conversions.

1682892814009.png
1682892847808.png
1682892890702.png

The last one is in a van. It looks like using that set up you could have room on both sides to get in and out of bed, which I require, some fold down legs might help.

StephenConey

For what it charges these days, EarthCruiser should have them standard on the FX at least.
Just a comment on lifting beds, and mainly because I have an FX Erthcruiser. Before owning an Earthcruiser I thought a lifting bed, over a dinette would be perfect, a way to have a bed but keep the space it takes up for other purposes while not sleeping. After five years of ownership, well, I have changed my mind.

We are two in the Earthcruiser, and we don’t get out of bed at the same time. So, we need a dinette at the same time as a bed. We can’t put the dinette under the bed for this reason. Also having a bed as well as a dinette allows us to be at different ends of the Earthcruiser when we are in the house, maybe because it is raining outside. Lounging on the bed is quite comfortable. It is almost like having two sitting areas.

My comments probably also apply to other adventure vehicle builders, but really just wanted to share my experiences on the FX.

jk6661

Observer
Just a comment on lifting beds, and mainly because I have an FX Erthcruiser. Before owning an Earthcruiser I thought a lifting bed, over a dinette would be perfect, a way to have a bed but keep the space it takes up for other purposes while not sleeping. After five years of ownership, well, I have changed my mind.

We are two in the Earthcruiser, and we don’t get out of bed at the same time. So, we need a dinette at the same time as a bed. We can’t put the dinette under the bed for this reason. Also having a bed as well as a dinette allows us to be at different ends of the Earthcruiser when we are in the house, maybe because it is raining outside. Lounging on the bed is quite comfortable. It is almost like having two sitting areas.

My comments probably also apply to other adventure vehicle builders, but really just wanted to share my experiences on the FX.
Excellent points.

waveslider

Outdoorsman

Agree completely When we upgraded from our SMB pop-up Econoline the ONE thing we were adamant about is having a bed that's setup all the time and not something you have to take down/setup everyday. For just the reasons you note above and the fact that we are often away from our vehicle all day and only come back to sleep and moving things to get to other things like the bed was a buzzkill a lot of times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan