Lifts on Expedition Vehicles

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
You can have coil springs which increase in rate under load. They are called progressive rate springs. Very common on cars, dunno about trucks. Come to think of it, I bought the progressive rate springs from OME for the rear of my Disco.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
R_Lefebvre said:
You can have coil springs which increase in rate under load. They are called progressive rate springs. Very common on cars, dunno about trucks. Come to think of it, I bought the progressive rate springs from OME for the rear of my Disco.
Probably very common but my experience is leafs are still better for load carrying and they can still be flexy and provide a soft ride. I would say I still probably prefer them in the rear but again it depends on the vehicle. I have seen quite a few 80 series land cruisers for example squat in the rear, particularly under load & severe load. But I do think it varies considerably according to design, load, vehicle, etc... The coils for me will certainly be an experiment in the rear but I think they will work pretty well especially for day to day. You can't deny the performance of course, particularly in front axle applications.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan