Lightbars, roof mounted lets see em.

Casper

Adventurer
Ok folks, looking to build a lightbar and need some ideas. So lets see some photos of yours. Anything and everything.

Cheers,
JSP

Noxious007

Observer
Here is my light bar that attaches to my custom roof basket. Nothing fancy but there it is. I can fit 6" lights under it and more importantly I can still fit my X in the garage.

5090776975_ed1ae38d1e.jpg

alexfm

Explorer
JCR Offroad Lightbar, on my 95 XJ. Its got tabs for 4 lights, and I have two sets of Hella 500's (6 inch) to put on it. They fit well, and the bar kinda tilts towards the nose of the rig. I like it a lot, it just needs to be painted, they ship all their products bare steel, but amazing quality. :bike_rider:

Photo01151235.jpg

(sorry for the blurry-ish cell phone picture, its the best one I've got.)

Casper

Adventurer
If I was rocking that Xterra you have, I would just buy one of these and save the time:

http://xoskel.com/

Reasonable price if you ask me.

I actually like those. Problem is I don't have the factory rack anymore, and the one he makes for the first gens bolts to the rack. They are very well priced and made. I have been thinking of contacting fangers and seeing what he would charge for a one off that would bolt to where my rack used to be. We shall see.

Cheers,
Josh
&
Porthos

trump

Adventurist
I actually like those. Problem is I don't have the factory rack anymore, and the one he makes for the first gens bolts to the rack. They are very well priced and made. I have been thinking of contacting fangers and seeing what he would charge for a one off that would bolt to where my rack used to be. We shall see.

Cheers,
Josh
&
Porthos

Got it... yeah, that makes things a little more difficult. I even thought about getting one for my wifes second gen, but there's absolutly no way I can justify it other than "it looks sweet." :coffeedrink:

HARABAS

Observer
I wonder if anyone's made one using Thule Load Bars. I've been thinking about doing it that way, but it's only sold as pairs.

bob91yj

Resident **************
Mine is stupid simple and works great. Application isn't what you are looking for, but a simple bar with tabs is all you really need. Tabs on a Thule style bar would be easy.

Light bars are huge aero drag, consider making it removable or make it so it will fold down with quick disconnects for the electrical. I used WeatherPac connectors on mine for the rare occasion that I take the camper out.

2010baja1000009.jpg

Casper

Adventurer
Nice setup bob91yj, and thanks for the advise. As I drive a 5900lb vehicle with the aerodinamics of a brick, I am not to concerned with the extra drag, though it is a good thing to keep in mind.

I actually have a full rack on the X right now. But since I don't really use it for it's intent, and it's heavy I am getting rid of it. Just want to keep the lights. I am thinking of something like a "Baja" style bar, or as pointed out one like the ones exoskel makes. I will be most likely building myself, just want ideas before I start the design. Here's my current setup for referance.

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

Keep the photos coming glas and guys. :victory:

Cheers,
Josh
&
Porthos
:smiley_drive:

FJR Colorado

Explorer
Custom made front and rear units for an FJ...

2q1ifsi.jpg

aw82fb.jpg

Just clears the garage...

14wyc6x.jpg

The "spread pattern" throws light like crazy...

2ccksa0.jpg

rear unit also holds an axe or shovel and is removable...

28hnd4p.jpg

28a1gya.jpg

rear also throws light like crazy...

5p4y0w.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78