Lightest Camping Wood Stoves?

Avali

Been looking for a lightest camping wood stoves online for backpack hunts.
Seems like TiGoat and EdT are no longer selling stoves, but Seek Outside, LiteOutdoors, and Kifaru still sell stoves.
Am I missing any other lightweight Ti tent stoves? I did a quick search camping wood stoves but didn't find anything noteworthy.
I'm curious what the lightest make/model is that has proven effective and reliable for backcountry use. For a given size/capacity of course.
Thanks,

Last edited:

slowtwitch

Adventurer
Most of those ultralite stoves suck in practice. Too small, have to feed them little popsicle stick pieces of wood.... they burn so hot and then immediatelyt die cold cuz there's no mass and you cant get any decent size wood in them. Doors don't seal, so they smoke. Your better off just putting the fire outside and rig a tarp off to the side.

Backpack by yourself? Possibly hauling out meat at the same time? Forget the stove.

Backpacking with at least one other person? Then it's doable imo... I made my own stove that isn't 'ultralite' but it's sub 5 lbs, will take normal cord wood and has a door that seals and proper air control.

You also need a bigger tent than you think.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Check Winnerwell and Ali Express. Lots of options. Some are larger than the truly tiny ones and have good solid features. Glass windows, efficient secondary burn, glass air wash etc. You can rig some of them up to burn charcoal which helps with the small wood and burn longevity concerns. You can also surround it with rocks to capture some eutectic heat and get it to be warm longer. You're both going to get up to pee in the night. Stoke it again then.

slowtwitch

Adventurer
Yes 'adding mass' helps. Mine is built to sit very low (where you sleep assuming you're on a pad).. also get more space between stove and tent wall. In loamy or sandy soils, you can push the soil up and around the bottom/sides to get some insulation and keep the wood burning longer and get better (longer) heat radiation. Rocks would work.. use caution.

Big tent with two doors is mandatory imo. I have a Seekoutside Redcliff.. perfect for 1-3 people with a stove.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online