Line-X cost?!?!?! Really?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
It true, when you ask them to do anything besides a standard bed spray some dealers get a little freaked out.

Halligan

Adventurer
A guy on a different forum I visit just payed around $1000 to Line-X the rockers on his new crew cab Power Wagon.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
That's about the same quote I got on my regcab,but in silver. That included removing the bumpers. Special sunshine tax special. That was five yrs ago. No telling what it is now.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I did the rockers and flares on my 80 series for $30 and a trip to the parts store. I used a paintable product made by Proform. I would attach pics to show how nice it looked, but the stinkin' iPad won't let me!

White Rhino

Its puff, puff, pass...they are all HIGH!
I've been wanting to do the whole truck for a while now and best quote so far is $4500. These guys sure are proud of their product. I may just set up a spray booth and do it myself.

Revco

Adventurer
Here's one for ya...

My good friend got Willys Jeep. It was a rough project. After removing the body and realizing it wasn't worth repairing the rust and damage, he decided to continue the restoration on the chassis/drivetrain. He stripped the tub and sprayed it down with a cheap primer, and some base coat that was on the clearance shelf at the paint store ($10/gallon). He took the tub with him to Georgia for Thanksgiving holiday since his little brother works at a truck accessory shop that does Line-X. Just for fun, he had them spray half the tub with Line-X inside & out and left the other half bare. When he came back home to Texas, we sprayed the other half with Herculiner from Autozone with a Shutz gun we got from Harbor Freight. The two liners looked a little different in texture, and the Line-X stayed a little glossier than the Herculiner, but even after 4 years, there was no noticeable difference in wear. He took this thing offroad, hunting, left it out in the weather, through thick brush, etc. He finally had enough dough to get a rust/dent-free tub and sold the lined tub on craigslist. After that I was sold on the cheap Herculiner and since then we've both done our own pickup beds with the stuff, and I've done the insides of a few FJ40's and Willys Jeeps for customers, as well as a full body spray on a rock crawler Bronco for a guy. In my experience, it's all in the prep work...just like a paint job. I charged $450 for the FJ/Willys Tubs, and $950 for the Bronco, and that was all due to the amount of labor involved. I've seen the Bronco twice since then and it still looks as good as the day it was sprayed 2 years ago. Only the rock sliders and a few parts of the bumpers and lower body sides have chipped or peeled off, but that's because of the mashed up metal beneath the liner.

Speaking of the Herculiner stuff, I'm about to do the bed and bottom of the body on my '94 Chevy K1500 and the bed & floor of my '83 F250 project.

Cards81fan

Osage Hilltopper
I can only comment on the inside box, but Line-X of Tulsa quoted me 460 give or take for my quad cab Dakota bed. They were only about 40 dollars higher the other local competitors (which for the Line-X product, I would pay that difference).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears