LiteSPOTs Rock Lights -- These are cool

spencerswahoos

Observer
Mine have been through pure hell for over a year and I've never had one even think about coming off, you can hardly pull them off on purpose because the magnets are so strong........they won't "fall" off if they are stuck to a metal surface.

rl5-1.jpg

rll.jpg

RL-1.jpg

rl6-2.jpg

l2.jpg

l1.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics of mounting locations, exactly what I needed to see. On a side note, you guys with rock lights, it's better to just wire everything to one switch so that they all come on together, giving a spotter a full view around the base of the vehicle.

01tundra

Explorer
Thanks for posting the pics of mounting locations, exactly what I needed to see. On a side note, you guys with rock lights, it's better to just wire everything to one switch so that they all come on together, giving a spotter a full view around the base of the vehicle.

That's how I wired them, all on at once. They won't be so bright that it's blinding, more like subtle light.......call it mood lighting if you will :D. That's why I like mine on the key fob, they're perfect for giving the campsite a little light without disturbing the neighbors.

For placement, I just laid under my rig on a creeper for about an hour moving them around and scheming where they would survive and not be removed by rocks, yet still place light where it needed to be. I started with eight, but then ordered two more to fill out under my truck.....a 132" wheelbase can be a challenge at times :).

sixstringsteve

Explorer
Good to hear, I'm debating between these and the Vision X tantrum's.

I know this response is a year late, but hopefully it'll help someone else in the future.

I used to have the Vision X Tantrums on my last tacoma. THey were ok. I liked that they came with so many lights, but they quickly turned murky from water/elements. Plus they weren't super bright. As 01Tundra stated, they're more like mood lighting. Quality was decent for what you pay, but they let water in and the wiring was bulky and cumbersome.

My buddy just installed some litespots on his JK and I am blown away by the quality. THe magnet is pure genius and super strong. Plus the LEDs are 100% waterproof, being that they're completely enclosed in the epoxy. Build quality is incredible. I was really impressed. Install was a cinch and I just ordered 12 for my current rig. I felt that 6 LEDs weren't quite enough to light it up well enough for my liking, so I bought two kits. 12 should be more than plenty.

One thing about LEDs is that they don't put out nearly the light that regular old $10 rock lights put out. It's a white, soft light, and in my opinion, it requires more lights to light up the area well. I love the current draw on these things though, you can run them all night and still be able to start your rig in the morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger