little camping trailer build

redneckjeepr

Observer
20160209_184755.jpgThat picture was after the axle flip. It had a 5" drop axle, so it only sat about a foot off the ground when i got it. This is a picture on the deck height now

redneckjeepr

Observer
I paid $160 for the trailer, spent 30 on the parts to redothe springs and axle seats, another 20 on a spare set of rims, the tires came off my work car when it needed new ones.

redneckjeepr

Observer
Should be getting the hitch coupler, headache rack, spare tire mounts, jack reinstalled this weekend. The toolbox will mount on the front. Updates to follow

redneckjeepr

Observer
Thanks, i like it. We used to drag a utility trailer that was made out of a burned up pop-up. Worked ok, nut with the little 8 inch rims, you had to carry a half dozen spares, so dad started asking me to look for something that would work a little better. We have a grub/kitchen box that will go on the back

redneckjeepr

Observer
This is a picture of our previous little camp trailer. It now serves beat around duty at the deer lease for moving stands, feeders, and such.

20160131_112133.jpg

redneckjeepr

Observer
Well, I have decided to turn this trailer into a dual purpose trailer. It will be used for the original purpose of hauling camping gear, but will also be converted into a livestock trailer for hauling feral hogs to buyers after we trap them. We have a huge problem with Feral Hogs at our deer lease, so something needs to be done. They are running in sounders of 50 or more pigs. So here are some of the progress pics of the conversion plus the utility rack that will stay on when in camping/utility mode.

Rear of Utility rack

Another shot of the utility rack with the rear bar up so you can load an ATV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior