little guy

garyvar

I've been looking for a small camp trailer to pull behind my 4 squirl wrangler, I was wondering if anyone had experience with littleguy trailers. I'm aware that I would have to strengthen the frame and increase axle strength. Any thoughts?

Waytec

Adventurer
Colman / Fleetwood make or did a small hard top tent trailer that has more room then the tear drop ones. You can get heaters and A/C for them as well.
A member of my local jeep club had one and they pulled it behind their Caliber that has a 4 banner. He was also saying he has seen smart cars pulling them. :Wow1:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Little Guy makes an offroad version that is already beefed-up called the Lil Rough Rider; Adventure Trailers is also making a teardrop now.
The AT version would naturally be the more capable of the two in severe conditions.

Back when I was first considering a trailer, I contacted Little Guy and got in touch with the owner. He was very friendly and helpful and offered a discount for off-season purchase, etc. Based on my communications with him I'd say the company is very professional and reputable.
I didn't buy the trailer for only one reason --- the same reason I haven't ordered an Oasis too ---- I'm too freakin' big.

14-large.png

COJeeper

Observer
Little guys

I did a lot of research and seriously considered the Little Guy Rough Rider. Prior to assembling my set up. However after looking at them closely considering the size of them and the cost. I ended up with a ARB RTT and a true bargin from Craiglist for my Rig.
The little guy Rough Rider I was looking at had, electric brakes, Skid Plates, and a heavier Axle and custom wheels. a bit over $8200.00.
I found my Jeep Trailer From Craiglist $500.00, the New ARB RTT 1400.00, Sandblasting and painting of the trailer and a few odds and ends another $400.00 Total $2300.00 ready to rock and roll.
My Trout fishing buddy who recently purchased a T@B (Not for offroading) looked at the little guys also. but went with the T@B with a few goodies. His is also Bright Yellow and I refuse to make camp next to him now!
Check out my rig under a thread on ARB RTT in camping gear.
I think you will get a better bang for the buck looking at and adventure trailer setup. Just food for thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan