Little Guy

EBT531

I'm looking at the Little guy as well and was curious if they fixed your issues?

Also, did you ever compare the frames on Reg vs rough rider? I'm wondering if the frame is really different or if they just weld in the skid plate to stiffen it up?

I'm finding more regular used and figured I could weld in a plate for a skid and modify the suspension for bigger tires.

someday

Adventurer
I'm looking at the Little guy as well and was curious if they fixed your issues?

Also, did you ever compare the frames on Reg vs rough rider? I'm wondering if the frame is really different or if they just weld in the skid plate to stiffen it up?

I'm finding more regular used and figured I could weld in a plate for a skid and modify the suspension for bigger tires.

I also bought a Rough Rider recently and had some minor issues. I contacted Little Guy with questions/comments regarding these issues and they were quick with responding and trying to resolve them. Hilldwellers issues are on a completely different level though. :(

As far as the frame goes, I originally thought it was contructed with beefier square tubing (2x3 coompare to 2x2) but after some research I am pretty sure Im wrong. I think both 5wide and R.Riders are 2x3. Rough Riders also get a 3500 lb torsion rear axle compared to the 2200lb. It also comes with pintle hitch and not a 2" reciever.

:sombrero:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
No. There's been deafening silence from Chris since his vacation ended.

They use different frame material based on purpose. They have a big bag of tricks to pull from --- but it seems that they can get confused on things when not monitored.
They really don't understand the true offroad market whatsoever.
I thought they wanted to learn about it...

XJBANKER

Explorer
Sorry to hear that you have not gotten things fixed, I thought for sure you would have heard something by now.

EBT531

Thanks. Maybe i'll hold off a little longer and see what I find used.

Is the inside cabinets etc holding up ok? My other fear was that the rough roads and flexing might cause gaps/cracking, etc. Then again, I guess if the frame is stiff enough stuff shouldnt flex to much

1speed

Explorer
Bill, sorry to hear about all this, I know you were really excited about the end product. It sounded great that they were willing to work with you and build what you wanted/needed but if it was just lip-service then that sucks.

It seems a manufacturer would have most of this stuff figured out by now. I know after having built just one I think I could address almost everything I did wrong if I built a "second" one.

1speed

Explorer
Thanks. Maybe i'll hold off a little longer and see what I find used.

Is the inside cabinets etc holding up ok? My other fear was that the rough roads and flexing might cause gaps/cracking, etc. Then again, I guess if the frame is stiff enough stuff shouldnt flex to much

Remember a trailer is a three point system that doesn't really flex or twist too much. Vibration from washboard/rough roads is the enemy. It's pretty easy to build cabinetry to withstand that.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
The interior cabinets are actually the nicest part of the build. It's beautiful inside, especially with the warm-light LEDs that installed from SuperbrightLEDs.
I just wish it wasn't so HOT out already; I'd like to get some more trial runs in with it before a roadtrip.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Bill, just read the latter part of this thread, wish I'd read it earlier but we have been super busy. Got a heads up from a customer who called me today.

Most important, I'm sending positive vibes your way for both of your health to improve and get on the mend.

I know you have the new awning we sent out, let me know how that works for you.

I know this is not one of our trailers, but you're a good friend and if you need help or consultation on how to get things the way you want them I'm just a phone call or e mail away.

Like others I have my fingers crosses that Little Guy will do the right thing and correct the issues to your satisfaction.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Thanks, Martyn and everyone.

Mirtes' surgery was a little tricky yesterday but ended up well. The surgeon removed the big tumor and we're waiting for the pathology before we declare victory; he also removed a parathyroid which was abnormal and appears to have caused the larger tumor to begin with. Her bloodwork shows that it was the primary cause of it all and indicates that everything should restore to normal. Again, just have to wait a few days for the pesky pathology.
Nasty scar though but it won't phase her a bit. She's farm-bred and tough.

I haven't taken the new awning out of the box yet; I'm hoping to get to it this weekend. So much going on lately...

With any luck I'll be at 4WheelParts tomorrow and install my tonneau cover on the truck; that gives me storage options like I've never had in my life. :sombrero:
We used to travel cross-country and live out of the saddlebags on our motorcycle for weeks on end; now we haul a trailer and have a crew-cab pick-up. Getting old has its rewards.

Plus, my rig will certainly entertain the EE wankers to no end. Priceless.

captblack

SE Expedition Society
Fingers are crossed for the final results but I am glad to hear that things may be looking up. I am not ashamed to admit that I have a portable roll around AC unit for the JJ. It's an age requirement in my opinion.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Bill
I'm guessing you pulled the trigger on the PowerWagon? So where are the pics? Did you trade the JK for it?
JK is gone, Chris. It was sad.

But the PW is awesome. I think I'll forgive myself...

PWLG007.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12