Load Range C, 245/75R16 Tires Revisited

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
Its almost time for new tires. I know this has been covered in the past, but I've been out of the loop for a while, and I just want to make sure.

What is the best choice for a load range C, 245/75R16 tire? Preferably an AT... something that is VERY decent for 99% on-highway driving, but adequate for driving off-pavement once every two years or so.

Preference still Bridgestone Dueler Revo?

ExpoMike

That's my vote. Been VERY happy with my REVO's. I think Goodyear came out with a 245/75-16 C rated tire recently that looked promising but after reading some reviews, the sidewall is very soft and there has been complaints of sidewall punctures.

Good luck and glad to see you still have the Cherokee.

I just put 245/75R16's on my Cherokee yesterday. I went with the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac. I did about 50 miles of dirt road today and about 50 of pavement. They're quiet on the street (maybe a light buzz, but not noticeable unless you listen for it.) but nice and squishy and they grip well on the trail. They are one of the VERY few all-terrain tires in this size that come in load range C. I like the more aggressive tread pattern than the Revo's, too. I'll post up a picture or two here and in my build thread soon. They're pretty sweet, I'm happy with them so far.

tommudd

Explorer
I put a set of 265-75-16 Duratracs on the Liberty last week as well, good all around tires so far both on and off road, air down nice, quiet on the road like Purple People Eater said check them out
cutbumper002.jpg

Last edited:

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
I need to revisit this topic yet again, because I will need to take action very soon, and install new tires on my Cherokee.

I was just on Tire Rack, and the Bridgestone Revo in Load Range C is on closeout. The web site suggests there are fewer than four available. This is kind of disappointing, because I was leaning in that direction.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

cyclic

Adventurer
I just went through the same searches. I ended up selecting the Michelin LTX A/T 2's. So far I'm in love, great tires.

2exabyd.jpg

They handle everything pretty good, and are still great street tires.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
were all getting tires,,, i like to be a bit different so i wanted to try a virtual unknown in the community, i just put hankook dynapro's on my rig last week

Attachments

• 163_0710_04z+hankook_test_drive+RF10_tires.jpg
    163_0710_04z+hankook_test_drive+RF10_tires.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 33

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears