Loans for 4x4 vans

Samick007

Ok guys, hopefully this isn't a stupid question, but is there a specific way to secure a loan for the converted vans? Since the conversion is not a stock option it does not show up on any NADA value obviously, and thus the bank won't loan on it if the stock value doesn't match or exceed the modified value, which is rarely the case. Is there any way to get around this? Or am I stuck just needing to come up with a fistful of cash to make up the difference? Thanks all!

philos

Explorer
Not a stupid question in my book. Maybe try a finance option for RVs?
I'm saving my pennies to buy my parts/stuff cash; I'll save way more money by waiting to buy vs financing.

Jb1rd

Explorer
In my experience a Credit Union would be the most likely to loan against a modded vehicle, otherwise I know that straight from the factory Quigelys get normal financing through the dealer and outfits like Sportsmobile do extended financing via outside lenders.

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
if you're buying from a private party, you will probably have a hard time getting funding, unless you can qualify for a straight personal loan, but the interest rates on those are not nearly as good.

Samick007

I think I may go the 2wd route and convert in the future. I have found a super clean 06 with 44k miles and leather!!! Its under book value, so I'll look into that and pay that off quickly so I can either save up over the next year or so to pay for a conversion from Ujoint. yes the build will cost a bit more than buying one already converted, but I'll have a cleaner van with less miles and a conversion that I'm confident in. I've struck out on the last 2 vans I've swung for, so hopefully third time is a charm.e350.jpg e3502.jpg

Maxcustody

Explorer
I know it is not a van, but I got my trailer thru my Credit Union. Kinda similar situation, they were unsure how to calculate the value of an off-road trailer. I sent them specs and costs from the internet of other manufacturers to compare. Once he got those it was an easy approval..............Good luck!!

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
that does look super clean.

6.6L ?

Thats the most important with used trucks. starting off with as clean of a truck as you can find. Then do the 4x4 exactly how you want.

good luck on scoring that one.

Samick007

Just drove by the lot tonight, have a bad feeling this one is sold, but my buddy with a dealers license is calling in the morning to check on it. If it's still available maybe he can sweeten the deal a bit. The paint looks factory fresh, can't believe how clean this one is. AND the color is different which I like...hard to find non-white around these parts. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

Samick007

2006 e350 xlt 5.4 with 44k miles. currently has a wheelchair lift that will be removed and one captain chair middle and sofa seat in the back. Seats recovered in leather! Quite and comfortable. Loving it already!3501.jpg3502.jpg3503.jpg

Samick007

Those seats look nice! Bummer that you're missing one though.

I know! They custom did them so there likely was never an extra captains chair...maybe in the future I can have one covered similarly. For now the arrangement actually works perfectly for my needs. Now if only they were heated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger