Lokka front locker

frogstar7055

Yep,that's a scratch.
From ClubXterra.org

Gear to Goannawhere will be offering a special release sale price across the entire Nissan small to medium model range which includes the Xterras, Frontiers, Navaras, Pathfinders, Terranos, 720's etc.

This will cover a huge range of our Nissan Lokka diff lock models and a huge range of vehicle applications including most 2 pinion and many 4 pinion differentials. We dont do everything but most are covered.

The Sale Price for all Lokka Differential Lockers will be $299US including free delivery to USA, UK, Canada.

Other countries will have different freight costs so I cant list all of those but the same discount has been applied to everyone so it doesn't matter if you are Japan, Canada or Mexico the discount still applies.

To purchase you need to go to the www.lokka.com site.

Use the Lokka Wizard and enter your vehicle search details.

If you can't work it for your vehicle use the Inquiry Form and send your request to us and we will send back a payment request for the right model - but quote the Voucher Code !!

Before checkout there is a page that will ask for a Voucher Code

The Voucher code is Xterra13

You must use that to get the discount

Dmski

Adventurer
+1 for another. Voucher code apparently kicks in when you go to checkout. It takes 97 off of the shipping price. Lets hear about who buys them and any comments they have regarding them.

alan

Explorer
Are they guaranteed to unlock?
We have fitted dozens of this type of locker and they never unlock, the natural windup between the front and rear diffs keep it locked, may be things have changed lately.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Hmm, it's a much cheaper option than an air locker but as alan said above how well do they work?

Allof75

Pathfinder
Hmm, it's a much cheaper option than an air locker but as alan said above how well do they work?

Well they're the new name for Aussie lockers, so I suppose the reviews for those would be relevant. Based on YouTube videos they seem pretty stout and effective haha I'm considering one in the front and a tracked LSD for the rear of the pathy.

Silver dude

Xplorer
Are they guaranteed to unlock?
We have fitted dozens of this type of locker and they never unlock, the natural windup between the front and rear diffs keep it locked, may be things have changed lately.

Yeah I have my doubts as well seems like the link is being passed everywhere and everyone is jumping onboard when they see the magic words "Locker $299" Yet they have no idea what its going to be like once installed. My guess is shortly after they ship I'm gonna see a whole lot of "I broke my steering" "I snapped a CV" threads. They unlock when not under power like rolling around a corner in neutral. Yet lock solid when power is applied. Which I don't see how that would work well on a front axle.

I have a ARB Air locker installed in mine so I have experience with a locked front end. if the locker doesn't automatically unlock like they say it will people are going to be in for a rude awakening when they cannot turn at all.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I think in a place where you never need 4wd on the tarmac, florida, some parts of the southeast and southwest its an interesting idea. With the hubs diengaged you would never know its there.

However, for me I need my 4wd in the winter quite frequently and the on pavement the sacrifice for me is too much.

Silver dude

Xplorer
Yeah its pretty popular on Patrols overseas like in those Russian videos. I agree it would be perfect for a swamp land in Florida or a truck that never sees a high traction surface while in 4wd.

Me with Moab, Utah occasional trips and winter driving... uh no.

NCtrail4R

Adventurer
Anyone running one of their lockers that can give some feedback on the ride on the streets? Curious to see if it really spins freely until needed.

Allof75

Pathfinder
Anyone running one of their lockers that can give some feedback on the ride on the streets? Curious to see if it really spins freely until needed.

Agreed. Mine would only be for occasional snow use at best, primarily slippery conditions. But I'd like to know if it unlocks easily.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
That video makes it pretty easy to understand how it works. Looks like it would be a pretty easy swap back afterwards if you aren't happy.

NCtrail4R

Adventurer
Yeah - can't really hear ratcheting of the locker in the video and don't see the outside tire breaking traction on the tight radius turns. Interesting!

El Robot

Oktober Guard
Just found this thread, but I have one sitting at home, and when I get back in June, I plan on installing it. I have read some threads on guys who already installed it (on Club Xterra) and seem really happy with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger