"Lola" - WreckDiver1321's 2005 Frontier CC/SB Nismo Build and Adventure Thread

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Good call on the jump start pack! I have one and have not only used it to jump start a few rigs including my own, but charging your ipod, laptop, etc is easy with it for longer road trips.

Yeah, I thought so. As much as people say you shouldn't go off by yourself, I do so all the time and figured I should at least minimize potential problems.

Charging that stuff would be awesome, but I have tons of 12v ports and I've got a 175W inverter, which is actually enough to charge my computer and camera battery simultaneously. What I can see using it for is charging my tablet at night in the tent. But I think I'll be getting one of those portable battery packs for that duty anyway.

Love those tie-down anchors from Amazon! Got a link? I've been wanting to put some form of a temporary anchor in the floor of my bed to help pin down a Plano toolbox I keep tucked along the driver's side of the bed, aft of the wheel well, but struggled to fine a good way to lock it down. I like what you've done for your water can.

EDIT: Is it these? http://www.amazon.com/Generic-Picku...18&sr=8-12&keywords=removable+tie+down+anchor

Thanks! I like how they turned out. Yep, that would be what I got.

kootenay

Intergalacticsuperintendent
So often we read forums and magazines and dream of far off adventures and exotic locations. Thinking that we need to experience them one day in order to have truly lived. Often forgetting of the adventures and beautiful locations we have in our own backyards.
It was fun to read your perspective of a drive I have done a million times. There was a period of 7 months were I drove from the Kootenays to Calgary twice a week. Every single time Storm Mountain and Castle Mountain amazed me. I am glad I no longer have to make that drive, but enjoy it every time I get to. I now have a painting of that area in my living room. Thanks for giving me another perspective.

As for the mention of Hot Springs in this area... All rumours they do not exist. And while I am at it, the Skiing Fishing and Mountain biking are also horrible.

Obrianmcc

Observer
Nice to see that Weather Tech modified their rear mat to extend past the door lip. My rear mats have the old vertical pan lip and the carpet between the door and mat take a beating ....

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
So often we read forums and magazines and dream of far off adventures and exotic locations. Thinking that we need to experience them one day in order to have truly lived. Often forgetting of the adventures and beautiful locations we have in our own backyards.
It was fun to read your perspective of a drive I have done a million times. There was a period of 7 months were I drove from the Kootenays to Calgary twice a week. Every single time Storm Mountain and Castle Mountain amazed me. I am glad I no longer have to make that drive, but enjoy it every time I get to. I now have a painting of that area in my living room. Thanks for giving me another perspective.

As for the mention of Hot Springs in this area... All rumours they do not exist. And while I am at it, the Skiing Fishing and Mountain biking are also horrible.

Haha! Thanks, it was a lot of fun. That's a drive I wouldn't mind making often. It's such a beautiful place that I can't imagine becoming numb to it. I'll be going back for the third time here in a couple months.

Yes, the Canadian Rockies are terrible. Stay away. :p

Did the odyssey 34r fit right into the fatory battery tray?

Yessir, fit perfectly. Without a single issue. The Odyssey is like 5/16" shorter, but I still had plenty of threads left in the hold-down.

Great detail. Keep it comin!

Thanks! More to come soon.

Nice to see that Weather Tech modified their rear mat to extend past the door lip. My rear mats have the old vertical pan lip and the carpet between the door and mat take a beating ....

Yeah, I'm super happy with them. The materials, fit, and overall quality is second to none. I'm getting a set of these for every vehicle from now on.

MTaco

Adventurer
Are you going to post about your Benbow trip? Also, thanks for the help this weekend, compressor is working great!

aaen

Adventurer
So I'm a little upset right now about your lack of posting about your adventures.

Jesus, stop having fun and post up some more cool **** so the rest of us can live vicariously through you!!

All kidding aside, I love this thread, but your making me spend more and more money and wanting to get out and enjoy nature more and more.

Regards

Steve

Last edited:

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
So I'm a little upset right now about your lack of posting about your adventures.

Jesus, stop having fun and post up some more cool **** so the rest of us can live vicariously through you!!

All kidding aside, I love this thread, but your making me spend more and more money and wanting to get out and enjoy nature more and more.

Regards

Steve

Hahahahaha!

Sorry for the lack of activity Steve. I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off prepping for a wedding in like 10 weeks, and doing as many other micro adventures as possible. I will update ASAP. Please don't hurt me. :D

Haha I would say I'm a bad influence, but that doesn't sound so bad.

How far apart are your roof rack cross rails?

I seem to recall 35 inches but I'm not 100% sure. I'll throw a tape on it tonight and let you know.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Okay, time for a few updates. Let's start with this one:

One of my best friends decided he was jealous and picked up this gem.

2008 Xterra Off Road. 6 speed, Rockford Fosgate, beautiful condition, AT tires, about 89k on the clock. He picked it up for a song and is in the process of modding the piss out of it. Already has sliders and suspension coming for it, and we installed a Shrock engine skid about a week after he picked it up. Super nice rig. He has plans for making it an ultimate overland machine.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Now for the fun stuff!

Another friend of mine picked up a camera and is getting very into photography, so it gives me an excuse to go on more day trips. A while back, we did some puttering around the Absaroka mountains in the southern part of the state. First we found a trail that I was wanting to check out for a long time. This trail is the hard way up to the old Benbow Mine outside of Nye, MT. Didn't run it for it's full extent, but got some great trail time that I had been missing since the snow began to fall.

Since we didn't know where the trail went, and we were alone, we decided to chase the light somewhere else and found ourselves in a favorite location, East Rosebud Lake.

The lighting was absolutely awesome, and we hung around on the road going in for quite a while.

Eventually, the road opens you up to the view of this breathtaking lake. The mountains rising up above are nothing short of magical.

We drove down to the shore and started hiking around the shore to try for a different perspective.

We watched the sun go down for what seemed like ages. It was a fantastic view.

With the light failing, we hiked our way back to the truck and took off towards the town of Roscoe, and one of Montana's best places to eat, the Grizzly Bar. After a marvelous dinner, we headed back home absolutely exhausted.

Trikebubble

Adventurer
Fantastic pictures of Montana. I love the State. We've travelled through it a number of times and will be heading through this July, to meet friends in Lolo, and continue on to Colorado.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78