Lone Peak Overland

BP89

Anyone hearing any updates on this lately? I think they were tracking to have the final builds done this week??

Roam.Wild

Anyone hearing any updates on this lately? I think they were tracking to have the final builds done this week??

They aren’t anywhere close to having the first round of builds done. Expected time frame is closer to mid August now. All the parts aren’t in yet for the prototypes they were supposed to have built by now.

I am on ignored email #10 and phone call / voicemail #7 trying to get my refund.

Originally Jeremy had been responding to my refund request emails, but now I’ve been ignored since May 17th.

@lonepeakoverland

Antwon412

That’s a bummer. He’s been super responsive to my emails. Wonder if the timeframe listed on their website is accurate at all.

Currently says orders being placed now will be October installs. I was really hoping to get mine in October before a group trip in November.

Crossing my fingers.

MR E30

They aren’t anywhere close to having the first round of builds done. Expected time frame is closer to mid August now. All the parts aren’t in yet for the prototypes they were supposed to have built by now.

I am on ignored email #10 and phone call / voicemail #7 trying to get my refund.

Originally Jeremy had been responding to my refund request emails, but now I’ve been ignored since May 17th.

@lonepeakoverland
I can't say I am surprised. I've been doubtful about LP since I first heard of them. Getting in on that initial low price is tempting, but these guys are bringing a camper to market that is based on a structure/frame design that is pretty subpar tbh. Not one technical, educated person on his staff. His initial extrusion profile would flex downward THREE INCHES if someone hung on the end hanging over the cab of the truck. And his new design still has a whopping 3/4" of downward movement, which is still simply absurd, in my professional opinion. And that is just one of many things that is poorly thought out.

But hey, I know you can't get a refund, but at least you have a bunch of expensive add-ons available to buy.

I hope you get your money back at some point. Please keep up posted.

MR E30

That’s a bummer. He’s been super responsive to my emails. Wonder if the timeframe listed on their website is accurate at all.

Currently says orders being placed now will be October installs. I was really hoping to get mine in October before a group trip in November.

Crossing my fingers.

I'd uncross your fingers. You aren't the first person to be excited to plan a trip with your new LP camper, making that decision based on their timeline, who will ultimately be let down.

BP89

@lonepeakoverland
@Roam.Wild - the prototypes aren't supposed to be done until mid August or that's now the forecasted dates for building out campers for customers?

The lack of production updates with any substance is making me jumpy. Are you still in contact with other ambassadors who have any insight?

Please keep us in tune with the refund saga. I hope it happens for you. I'm really hoping this works out since I'm 8 months into the list like you were and could have had another one in hand from other manufacturers. The slower communication makes me nervous for sure.

Roam.Wild

my refund was processed by my bank today. Glad that’s over.

Still pulling for LP that they can deliver a cool product at a great price, but they gotta hire someone to answer the phones and email. Looking forward to checking one out in person later this year.

V1GiLaNtE

my refund was processed by my bank today. Glad that’s over.

Still pulling for LP that they can deliver a cool product at a great price, but they gotta hire someone to answer the phones and email. Looking forward to checking one out in person later this year.
Weren't you an ambassador? That's not a good sign if a brand ambassador is pulling out..

Antwon412

Weren't you an ambassador? That's not a good sign if a brand ambassador is pulling out..
While he does seem to have some misgivings, I think the actual reason he got a refund is because he ended up buying a travel trailer.

my opinion, none of these wedge campers are perfect. They all have pitfalls, whether it’s weight or some design issue.

i’m going to keep my order and give them the benefit of the doubt. I can always cancel if the first batch is really terrible. Otherwise, the price is low enough that I could probably use it happily since I will not be living in it full-time, or sell it for what I pay for it.

V1GiLaNtE

While he does seem to have some misgivings, I think the actual reason he got a refund is because he ended up buying a travel trailer.

my opinion, none of these wedge campers are perfect. They all have pitfalls, whether it’s weight or some design issue.

i’m going to keep my order and give them the benefit of the doubt. I can always cancel if the first batch is really terrible. Otherwise, the price is low enough that I could probably use it happily since I will not be living in it full-time, or sell it for what I pay for it.
Gotcha. Didn’t realize he was getting a trailer. I’m camper 33 so I’m still planning on holding on. All these manufactures starting new on a dream without any prior resume. GFC, Super Pacific, etc.

Roam.Wild

Gotcha. Didn’t realize he was getting a trailer. I’m camper 33 so I’m still planning on holding on. All these manufactures starting new on a dream without any prior resume. GFC, Super Pacific, etc.
The travel trailer and LP were meant to give us the "Ultimate camping setup". The TT for a basecamp and the LP for weekends on the trail, but the delays were cutting into our short Colorado camping season so we needed to change directions and went with the SmartCap. I think it'll be a great camper when it eventually comes out. But others in the ambassador group are canceling as well due to the August (best case) ship date. I didn't feel like waiting for a camper that I'd only be able to use for a month before winter came back around. In the chat, the owner Kyle said he doesn't care if he loses orders and if people get refunds because of delays because he wants to make the best camper possible it's worth losing some customers. While I get that, a company should be trying to keep customers, not saying they don't care if they leave...

V1GiLaNtE

I can see having that mentality and keeping it to yourself, but perhaps that's just his communication style. I'm fairly early in the build queue and live in Virginia so we're not overly impacted by severe winter weather like CO. I totally get the decision to cancel if you've been waiting a year and get it to only use for 2-3 weeks before the upper areas are inaccessible.

Roam.Wild

I can see having that mentality and keeping it to yourself, but perhaps that's just his communication style. I'm fairly early in the build queue and live in Virginia so we're not overly impacted by severe winter weather like CO. I totally get the decision to cancel if you've been waiting a year and get it to only use for 2-3 weeks before the upper areas are inaccessible.
I certainly miss the 12 month camping season we had when we lived back east! Hopefully he’ll have some updates this week on the pre-production units.

Antwon412

Northern CA here - almost all year is camp season for me if I don’t venture too far!

Cool on the trailer. I’d love to have a small one but it’s not practical for me currently.

V1GiLaNtE

I certainly miss the 12 month camping season we had when we lived back east! Hopefully he’ll have some updates this week on the pre-production units.
I miss the land access in CO! I’m planning a monthish out and back for the camper starting mid-July. Stay in Denver for 2 weeks. A week in Grand Junction and then hopefully on to WA. If not plan to roam around Montana with friends for 2 weeks and then grab camper. He did mention they would start reaching out in June for order confirmations. Fingers crossed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle