Lone Peak Overland

Antwon412

Several new campers delivered this week including one for a gladiator, here are pictures to give you an idea of the look on a gladiator:

thank you. I have one on order for my gladiator and it’s nice to see what it’s going to look like.

I may have to do some fancy cut and pasting to put on my Mojave and see what it looks like with the wheels and tires I have…..

laxtoy

Adventurer
Put my money down on a Lone Peak for a 1st gen Tacoma ext cab this evening, cough, cough, #1517. I watched all last week ready to pounce but needing some answers, and so it went that new orders placed 2 weeks ago were expected in May, now expected in August.

I love that these guys are in state, and I feel like there are a lot of features for the price, so I don’t really care if it’s August next year or April 2025, think they’ve got a great thing going, happy to wait if it means a quality build. Before May 2025 would be nice for when the weather starts to warm up.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
My LPC is currently sitting on a flatbed trailer in our shop 😂 I’m very happy with the camper itself, however I’d love to get my truck back from the dealer so I could get it installed. Lol

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Drop some pics!
I don’t have a ton to drop. I was set to head north on a Sunday morning for install, and dropped my truck (2022 F-250 Tremor) off at the dealer the Monday before for a relay replacement and oil change before the long trip. By Saturday morning I hadn’t been told my truck was ready, so I drove up there to pick it up regardless. Well when I got there I got news nobody wants to hear. I needed a new motor and if I took the truck before the work was complete it wouldn’t be covered by warranty. So I swapped my dad trucks for the week, and hooked on to my little 12’ flatbed. Made the trip north to pick up the camper anyways. Hoping to have my truck back from the dealer by mid next week. They started on the motor swap yesterday, but will be closed for the long weekend. In the meantime been tweaking things on the camper. Waiting on some T nuts to actually mount the rod rack. Right now it’s just sitting on the rails. I’ve got a couple 200 watt panels and a battery I need to mount and wire in as well. I’ve got the juice box with power plate, so it should be a quick simple project. Overall I’m very impressed with the camper, and the bed is the most comfortable I’ve laid on for a factory camper. Thinking it’s going to be a big step in the right direction for us.

Attachments

• 538F4202-C086-47A5-A1AF-2A3557BF0B99.jpeg
    538F4202-C086-47A5-A1AF-2A3557BF0B99.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 95
  • 39F33B33-D108-4E63-9717-A394A4207115.jpeg
    39F33B33-D108-4E63-9717-A394A4207115.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 95
  • 37E0EEFA-12D4-4F70-A9D5-CA9BEC2C0C4A.jpeg
    37E0EEFA-12D4-4F70-A9D5-CA9BEC2C0C4A.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 94
  • 889A99FD-25C2-4CF1-B61F-A99CEB518FD7.jpeg
    889A99FD-25C2-4CF1-B61F-A99CEB518FD7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
  • 11EB7A22-F4D8-4E21-91FA-2C9B852CE2EF.jpeg
    11EB7A22-F4D8-4E21-91FA-2C9B852CE2EF.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 92

1titanfan

Hey was that a bumpy of a ride with only 3 tires! Thanks for the pictures. I’ve been wanting to see a close up of the juice box and the wiring. Why 3 ports on the roof? Just curious because you never know what cool ideas people come up with. What number were you?

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Hey was that a bumpy of a ride with only 3 tires! Thanks for the pictures. I’ve been wanting to see a close up of the juice box and the wiring. Why 3 ports on the roof? Just curious because you never know what cool ideas people come up with. What number were you?
Tire blew out 20 min from the house at the end of a 4300 mile road trip lol the 3rd port was an accident on my part. I added a couple options after my original order, and didn’t realize I had already added a solar port. So two solar ports and a port for lighting.

laxtoy

Adventurer
I don’t have a ton to drop. I was set to head north on a Sunday morning for install, and dropped my truck (2022 F-250 Tremor) off at the dealer the Monday before for a relay replacement and oil change before the long trip. By Saturday morning I hadn’t been told my truck was ready, so I drove up there to pick it up regardless. Well when I got there I got news nobody wants to hear. I needed a new motor and if I took the truck before the work was complete it wouldn’t be covered by warranty. So I swapped my dad trucks for the week, and hooked on to my little 12’ flatbed. Made the trip north to pick up the camper anyways. Hoping to have my truck back from the dealer by mid next week. They started on the motor swap yesterday, but will be closed for the long weekend. In the meantime been tweaking things on the camper. Waiting on some T nuts to actually mount the rod rack. Right now it’s just sitting on the rails. I’ve got a couple 200 watt panels and a battery I need to mount and wire in as well. I’ve got the juice box with power plate, so it should be a quick simple project. Overall I’m very impressed with the camper, and the bed is the most comfortable I’ve laid on for a factory camper. Thinking it’s going to be a big step in the right direction for us.
Great pics, I’ve wanted some of these shots to see about mounting a rear awning and what the interior looked like for running wiring, etc.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Great pics, I’ve wanted some of these shots to see about mounting a rear awning and what the interior looked like for running wiring, etc.
Their awning brackets are very strong. However they’re not necessary. I’ve got 3 brackets from OVS that I could’ve easily used, but weren’t sure if they’d have been compatible at the time. So I went ahead and purchased Lone Peak’s brackets. They just use the T track all the way around for mounting. The track on the rear is at the very top as shown in this pic.

Attachments

• C43D8D95-3B48-4D84-B33B-03C274C117A1.jpeg
    C43D8D95-3B48-4D84-B33B-03C274C117A1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58

Zillon

Gotta say, I'm really impressed with the detail shots.

Wiring looks very tidy and well done. Really happy to see them sweating the details.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Hear a quick interior video I just shot. At the end I tried to set the bed down with one hand, and it was a bit loud. Don’t pay it any heed. I dropped it the last inch or so and didn’t feel like recording it again.

Added a couple closer shots of the wiring as well. I was impressed with the care taken when putting everything together. Little touches like these are nice to see.

Attachments

• E3799D8E-D68D-4ADF-957A-C4F610292004.jpeg
    E3799D8E-D68D-4ADF-957A-C4F610292004.jpeg
    1,010.2 KB · Views: 43

laxtoy

Adventurer
Hear a quick interior video I just shot. At the end I tried to set the bed down with one hand, and it was a bit loud. Don’t pay it any heed. I dropped it the last inch or so and didn’t feel like recording it again.

Added a couple closer shots of the wiring as well. I was impressed with the care taken when putting everything together. Little touches like these are nice to see.

Super helpful, thank you! I’m planning my interior built now, bookmarking hardware, etc, plans to duplicate a lot of what Goose Gear has done on their build outs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78