Looking at a Trooper

Pushbutton

There is a 1999 trooper for sale near me and I was wondering what you all thought...

1999, silver with cloth, 90K miles, AT with TOD, always garaged and all maintenance records are in hand. Transmission was just replaced, brand new and still has a year warranty on it. I still dont know if it has the G80, but that would be the deal breaker I think. She wants $4900 which I think is high. With a G80 I would think at most about $4500, what do you all think? Does $4.5K sound reasonable or would you expect it to be pushed even lower? Thanks for the help! :sombrero:

MountainMike

that's a tough one... I am also looking to get one, and seems to be the lower the mileage is the higher the price is, but seeing that its got a new tyranny you have some bargaining power. This is what you can get for 4500 in my area:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/1099418064.html

and so I think you should offer a little lower and see if it has the g80 and go from there.. it doesn't hurt to try and depends on how fast they want to get rid of it. you could also play the Isuzu doesn't sell cars in the US anymore so that may be a little more leverage for you... just my 2 cents... good luck!

datrupr

Expedition Leader
It more than likely does have the G80. Take a look at it, and while youre there look under the hood. The plaque on the passenger side of the fire wall will give all the options. It will clearly say G80. If it runs well, and shifts well, offer $4500 for it. Good chance you'll get it for that. It'll be a great truck, and that is pretty low miles for a '99.

Incusus

Adventurer
Thats what I paid for my '99 a couple of years ago, I'd maybe go even lower and see what she says. Remember, big trucks aren't in vogue anymore, and you can probably snatch a good buy up for far less then BB value.

In your overall upgrade plan, figure the following (if you do the installs...) < $500 for a set of OME shocks/springs, < $ 100 on a trans pan drop/filter swap, and < $25 for a ToD override mod up front. If you can get her to $4300, you've covered the basics and still have spent less then 5K ^^

If she has records of regular oil changes and AT fluid swaps, maint, etc thats worth its weight in gold, fyi....

If you choose to get it, I'd go for an oil change with Gunk flush as well as dropping the at pan and filter right up front. Just a good precautionary measure for a '99

Good luck!!:coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78